Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
smokin a Jeffery
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this DIY is for the EGCV mod (exhaust gas controll valve). this is another FREE and easy mod to do to your bike. this mod will work for 1000rr years 04,05,06. in 06, the soleniod will be on the other side of the motor than on the 04-05 models.

time to do mod: about 15-20 minutes
tools needed: needle nose pliers, side cutters, 8mm socket + ratchet with an extension, 8mm wrench, 10mm wrench, flat head screwdriver.

1) locate the egcv on the factory can.
2) remove the 2 8mm bolts that are on the cover, this will expose the egcv.
3) locate the servo motor for the egcv on the left side of the motor. iot will be next to the idle adjustment knob.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT REMOVE THE SERVO!!!!!! this will trigger a FI malfunction light to come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4) you will see to cables that run around the servo motor. using a pair of side cutters, cut the 2 cables. they will be kinda like the ones used on bicycles brakes.
5) back to the egcv box by the can, using the 8mm and 10mm wrenches, loosen up the nuts so you can slide the 2 cables out from the egcv box.
6) now pull like all hell and the 2 cables will slowly make their way out thru the back of the bike. i found it easier if i removed the tank cover, then pulled the 2 cables out.
7) replace to 2 8mm bolts back on the egcv box
8 ) back at the servo motor, look for the 2 cable ends where you cut. slide the ends out of the servo motor cable giudes.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Doing this mod what exactly you get from this?? also when you cut the wires and remove them does that means that the flapper inside the exhuast stays open or close.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ended up taking out the whole egcv box from the exhaust and also removed the exhaust to take off the flapper from inside. I some what feel a diffrents but i feel that i need more fuel. I still haven't installed a power commander on the bike. I don't know if anyone have heard or done an exhaust mod that i seen on you tube also heard of it. I basicaly drilled out the baffle and dremelled 1 1/4" off the inner exhaust. The exhaust sounds nice and also feels like it has a nice flow to it. But like i said I feel like all i need next is a pc and get it dyno.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i think the person was being a bit sarcastic and meant 17.3 HP. i doubt it give any readable gains. maybe a little smoother acceleration, and maybe a slightly different exhaust tone. im wondering if anyone has taken the flapper out of the pipe altogether?

·
ArtificialCrisisDisruptor
8,702 Posts
i think the person was being a bit sarcastic and meant 17.3 HP. i doubt it give any readable gains. maybe a little smoother acceleration, and maybe a slightly different exhaust tone. im wondering if anyone has taken the flapper out of the pipe altogether?
:thumbsup:
yes it's been done.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Awesome. Exactly what I was digging for and the comma threw me off. Had he used a period I probably would have caught on to his attempt at humor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can you repost the pics? All I’m seeing are little white boxes with a red “x” in them.

17,3 HP.... :) ,and it stays open

many
What exactly are the benefits to doing this mod? I’m looking for a way to make the stock exhaust louder without harming the bike or causing a sensor to go nuts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You Know... It would be GREAT if someone could post a video of this mod, because if i cut these wires and something goes... i'm goin to be Hella MAD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts