Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
smokin a Jeffery
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a DIY for the flapper mod for a 2004 cbr 1000rr. im sure this will work on 04,05,06 model cbr's. this is a FREE!!!!! mod and will yield a few benifits. more low end tq and hp as well as a smoother hp/tq curve on a dyno.

time needed to complete this mod: 20 minutes max
tools needed: needle nose pliers, side cutters, allen wrench #5
supplies: electricle tape, zip tie, thin thread screw

1) remove the left lower fairing.
2) above the radiator there is a diaphragm valve with a vacuum hose attatched to it. remove that hose from it. careful not to pull the diaphram out of place.
3) use a screw and thread it into the vacuum hose you removed from the diaphram.
4) zip tie around the screw in the vacuum hose to further secure it inside the hose so it wont come loose.
5) tuck this out of the way
6) replace the fairing

this is all that is needed to complete this mod. you can take it a step further and remove the soleniod and electricle connection. but i chose not to at this time. i did however remove the flapper door in front of the air intake housing. you dont have to do this, i did just to clean it up a bit.

removing the flapper door:
i used a pair of needle nose pliers as well as a pair of side cutters and just cut the door in a few pieces till i was able to remove the flapper door completely.

Attachments

·
Can u c me? I can c u!
613 Posts
Just in case anyone wants to see the flapper mod in action

·
Registered
412 Posts
Whoa! man that is the best mod ever.....too bad your about 100 yrs late on the post THat mod has been around for quite a long time bud. just search flapper mod you'll see all the posts on it. Nice thinking to post the mod for everyone though.:poke:

·
smokin a Jeffery
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoa! man that is the best mod ever.....too bad your about 100 yrs late on the post THat mod has been around for quite a long time bud. just search flapper mod you'll see all the posts on it. Nice thinking to post the mod for everyone though.:poke:

ahhh, no shit bro. i did this as a favor for all the NEW people asking how to do it and what it is.

·
smokin a Jeffery
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dude, your on a roll, can u do one for the front sprocket change.
this winter when the bike down due to snow, im tossing on a new chain and sprockets. maby -1 front and stock rear, as well as some new rubber.

·
smokin a Jeffery
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you were closer to me, id help ya out. im bored as hell tonight. but i do have to be up at 6:30 for a group ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
nice vid great way to show what it does

·
Registered
412 Posts
ahhh, no shit bro. i did this as a favor for all the NEW people asking how to do it and what it is.
Yeah I kind of got that after I saw all the DIY posts from you...lol pretty cool Idea. Too bad we couldn't have a DIY link made with all the known mods and how to do them so all you have to do is click the link and Wahla!!! all the know mods are at your disposal. That would be pretty cool.:beat:

·
smokin a Jeffery
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thats what I'm talking about now if we could just make it a site link like the top user cp,FAQ,memberlist...Mods

1 - 12 of 12 Posts