Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Am new to the group. Just got a 05 cbr1000rr. But it won't start. I notice d injector aren't spraying and I also don't hv a spark. So far I have tested if they are getting signal n apparently they are.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,029 Posts
Hello Danny,
Welcome to 1000RR.net!

I am sure others much more technical than me, will chime in to help. None of the injectors are spraying, or just one?

ps: You may be one of the only members here from Belize, amazing place!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi JD. Yes amazing place. Well none are spraying n I don have any sparks on d coil. At first I thought it was d tip sensor. Did d bypass on it n still nothing. The motor swing perfect but it just won't start. I must be missing something.

·
BOTM Moderator
513 Posts
what's the status of the MIL light?

"If the ECM has no self diagnosis memory data, the MIL will illuminate, when you turn the ignition switch ON.

If the ECM has self diagnosis memory data, the MIL will start blinking when you turn the ignition switch ON. "

·
Registered
79 Posts
You Have to check the FI code as that code could cause engine to go to safe mode and cut spark and what not. Check side sensor, Check TPS sensor . Bank angle sensor.. The FI code will explain your issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So my update un d bike. My fI code is 35. That's d servo motor if am not mistaken. Any idea if that cld be d problem and where is it located?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Code 35 is " engine operates normally" ..
Faulty exhaust gas control valve servo.
(EGCV). If the bike won't run it can't be code 35. That is straight out of the manual for 2005 model .

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would try a new battery or borrow one from a buddies bike which fires there bike. See if u just have a fried battery with not enough cranking amps to turn the bike over.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is straight from the manual for all codes that won't start the bike.
Blown main fuse or lean angle sensor
Faulty ecm
Faulty engine stop ( kill switch)
Faulty main ground wire
Short circuit in ecm
Faulty Intake air temperature sensor
Any fault in all the injectors ( primary and secondary ones). The exact code will tell u what injector is faulty.
Those are the only possible solutions from the book. Unless it's a ghost wire that has shorted somewhere and won't be fun to find.
I don't think ur reading the code correctly .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Unless u have the proper code reader. It will tell you what's wrong. If u bridged the brown and green wire you will have to count the flashes . Which vary between short and long flashes. Gets confusing sometimes counting the flashes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yah I counted 3 long flashes n 5 short flashes. Did the angle sensor bypass alrdy, kill switch is good, inyectores need to be clean again, all d fuses are fine, has a new battery cause d old 1 was don.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Could be a cracked coil pack. The ones that go over spark plugs. They are very fragile so any sudden drops or bangs will damage them. Possibly the starter motor is jammed or gimped and not working when unpush the button. U can easily check that by putting a voltmeter on one of the leads from the connector and pushing the button u should get a spike meaning it's working if not switch is ur Problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No after market alarm. The motor swing perfect, d lights, fuel pump prims up perfect.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Complete hail Mary here. Did you replace the lean angle sensor or test It. I have heard of some people accidentally replacing the sensor under the housing UPSIDE DOWN. Meaning it will look right but will never fire as the bike thinks its upside down. Lol . Massive long shot but who knows

1 - 19 of 19 Posts