Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SalemCBR on YouTube
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I wanted the old owner to ride my 2017 1000rr after it got the flash, rearsets, and oem quick shift.

·
SalemCBR on YouTube
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What was the point?
It's not a bad question. Cus I think it's funny I suppose. A short clip of a longer video I am working on.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My first bike was a 99 Suzuki Savage. I bought it used in 2001. I kicked in 500, my mother signed to finance the rest as a graduation gift and I paid her back.
This single cylinder air cooled bike was mine. My very first vehicle.
Went to a parking lot to hang out because this was before kids had phones and my friends asked to ride. One had no experience, he did okay. One was very nervous and hit a parking lot head stone. One had some MX experience and rode dirt and he dropped it.

I don't let people on my bikes willy nilly anymore.

·
Registered
2019 CBR1000RR SP
20 Posts
Never lend out your woman or your bike
If you do...
Don’t be surprised to soon find out they have thrown a rod in it

·
SalemCBR on YouTube
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My first bike was a 99 Suzuki Savage. I bought it used in 2001. I kicked in 500, my mother signed to finance the rest as a graduation gift and I paid her back.
This single cylinder air cooled bike was mine. My very first vehicle.
Went to a parking lot to hang out because this was before kids had phones and my friends asked to ride. One had no experience, he did okay. One was very nervous and hit a parking lot head stone. One had some MX experience and rode dirt and he dropped it.

I don't let people on my bikes willy nilly anymore.
Sounds like a real heart breaker. Easier to let that guy ride it since he bought it new off the showroom floor. Plus I got to ride his beemer.

·
Stand your ground
1,140 Posts
Here is my rule: If the person asking to ride my bike has the financial means and moral compass to hand you the full value for it in cash, then I will let them ride it. Otherwise no.

·
SalemCBR on YouTube
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is my rule: If the person asking to ride my bike has the financial means and moral compass to hand you the full value for it in cash, then I will let them ride it. Otherwise no.
Sounds like a mentally sound choice.

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
134 Posts
The only one I let ride my bike is my brother when we sometimes trade bikes on a ride, otherwise this bike is too fast and too dangerous for me to trust too many others.
If someone hits a person or something on your bike who is responsible, you can bet the injured come after the bike owner. Just something to think about in this crazy world.

·
Registered
2006 Honda CBR1000rr
4 Posts

I wanted the old owner to ride my 2017 1000rr after it got the flash, rearsets, and oem quick shift.
I no longer let buddies ride my bike anymore. Tired of the I'll be right back and doesn't show back up for a long time.

·
SalemCBR on YouTube
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I no longer let buddies ride my bike anymore. Tired of the I'll be right back and doesn't show back up for a long time.
They gotta have something hot for your to ride with 'em I say.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes I let my mates ride my bikes, all mature capable and respectful.

·
BOTM Moderator
568 Posts
Generally, it's tough to trust others with a powerful / fast bike vehicle.
I would be worried that the other person would look at the opportunity of riding / driving this as a golden opportunity to push it to the max.
Kinda like giving the keys to the Lamborgini to some kid who would think that this is their first / last time to ride a 200K car and want to make it count.

There are some people I know that are much better riders than me and I have to issue with them riding / driving anything I have.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The only one I let ride my bike is my brother when we sometimes trade bikes on a ride, otherwise this bike is too fast and too dangerous for me to trust too many others.
If someone hits a person or something on your bike who is responsible, you can bet the injured come after the bike owner. Just something to think about in this crazy world.
I get your point but I don't think that's how it works. Whoever is behind the wheel, or the bars, is responsible.

·
BOTM Moderator
568 Posts
I get your point but I don't think that's how it works. Whoever is behind the wheel, or the bars, is responsible.
Lawyers will go after whoever has insurance. If a person who doesn't otherwise have insurance on a vehicle gets into an accident, they will sue your insurance company.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts