Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know HONDA continued the FireBlade family with the 1KRR, but this only happened under the pressure ( :twak: ) from us Blade fanatics. After thousands of complaints from all over the world HONDA has finally decided that it will continue naming it’s “top performance” bike, with the prestigious FireBlade signo… unfortunately for an unknown reason this only happened with the Euro 1KRR’s :scratch: as for the US, the bikes simply run under the CBR1000RR designation.
Do you miss the name? Do you have any designation between you bikers for this monster? Any idea why the US editions don’t carry the legendary FireBlade logo?

·
Registered
526 Posts
The fireblade label is strictly Euro. The U.S. never had that, in fact until I started looking up rumors about the new RR I never knew it was called a Fireblade. Personally I dont care what they call it long as its not something like '998cc peter puffer."

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol: Real fun there guys, but
- I am really Peter and,
- my Duc with all it's "998cc" IS puffing and,
- believe me there ARE a lot of "riders" that would LOVE to ride the "peter puffer" :wink:

But still can't wait to get my hands on my 1KRR, you see I always had HONDAS and there IS something special about it... whatever it is

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
I think in the US they changed names around to try to fool the insurance companies--maybe that's what they were doing in Europe.

Other companies have different names between the US & Europe markets, not even using the engine size with the name. Yamaha has a cruiser called the V-Star in the US, but called the Drag Star in Europe. What's up with that?

Or, maybe someone already has 'FireBlade' copyrighted or trademarked in the US?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.