Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CBR1000RR ECU Flashed, QS, Yoshimura Alpha T Exhaust, White Rims
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a 2021 cbr1000rr come with a quick shifter stock? The non abs one. I see the area for a quick shifter in the modes settings but not sure if it’s installed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know, but have you checked the Honda specs sheet?
Yeah but it’s confusing. It explains what a quick shifter is but no indication if it’s actually already installed. Even though I see the option in the deep settings after holding down the button.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,064 Posts
That’s a good question. In the past 5 years, only the SP model of the SC77 generation, (2017-2022, non RR-R), came wt a QS, as far as I know. The final year of the SC77 SP was 2019.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Shouldn't it be easy to tell if you look at your shift linkage? If there's a pressure sensor on the linkage rod, it's got a QS.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
773 Posts
I'd be hard pressed to believe that a '21 model has no QS.
Just bought my '21 CB1000R Black Ed a few months ago and it came with QS and auto-signal-light-OFF. Same thing with '21 Ninja 1000SX.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Others correct me if I'm wrong but the circled part is the the QS.

View attachment 264512
Correct, the top part is the sensor. The base model doesn’t come factory with a QS, it’s an optional upgrade. That’s why the settings are in the menu, you can purchase it separately (pt #08U70-MKF-D40), initialize it, and then you can have QS functionality as well on your base model.

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bicycle part Font Auto part

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
That bike does not appear to be a “base” model. Looks like an Ohlins rear shock and Supercorsa tires to me.
I’m assuming arthurY just used the RR-R SP as a sample pic to show what the QS would look like so OP knew what to look for on their version.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,064 Posts
I’m assuming arthurY just used the RR-R SP as a sample pic to show what the QS would look like so OP knew what to look for on their version.
Exactly. The QS is an option on current 1000RR’s. It comes standard on RR-R SP models, unsure if it comes on the base RR-R.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got a 2022 CBR1000RR (not the RR-R, just the RR)

I can confirm, there is no quickshifter included/installed from the factory on an RR through the 2022 model year - it is an option that you can add on, and then activate in the dash settings with a jumper harness for the maintenance plug under the rear seat.

Well worth it I might add, but it does not come stock with one.

I believe they are included with the RR-R models.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
773 Posts
In this day & age, the QS is a given. Buy it and get it installed since it is not there for the Base model.

It's no longer a want but it's almost expected to be there in 2022. Besides, it's a useful and really functional option to have. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Found the quick shifter for my ‘21 CBR1000RR https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/08U70-MKF-D40 But I have a question. Does this include auto blipper? It has the UP and DOWN (on/off) settings for the QS in the screen from manufacturer so would the On for Down be the auto blip? Not too knowledgeable about the QS specs so wondering if anyone knew?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's the right part, it does down and up shifting, just make sure you turn them all on in the dash settings.

You'll probably want setting three for up and down, that's my favorite, it's the fastest one
Thanks for the advice! Does it auto blip the throttle when Downshifting though? I’m curious about this. Doesn’t say anywhere about an auto blipper but I would imagine if it’s Down compatible, that it will Auto Blip?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts