Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a throttle/timing/ignition retard function built into the ecu for the factory quickshifter, it's all the bells and whistles, just in a stock part, that for some reason you have to buy after the fact.

Great part and function, stupid execution on packaging/purchase

·
Registered
2021 CBR1000RR ECU Flashed, QS, Yoshimura Alpha T Exhaust, White Rims
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
There is a throttle/timing/ignition retard function built into the ecu for the factory quickshifter, it's all the bells and whistles, just in a stock part, that for some reason you have to buy after the fact.

Great part and function, stupid execution on packaging/purchase
It’s an additional purchase? Would you link me or tell me the part number if possible? I can’t find anything about it.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
It’s an additional purchase? Would you link me or tell me the part number if possible? I can’t find anything about it.
He’s talking about the fact you have to buy the QS separately to access all those functions even though they are already built into the ECU for the QS (ign kill timing/autoblip/etc). Nowadays really no reason to not just have it installed across all versions, but Honda makes people buy it separately on the lower models and have it pre-installed on the upper models.

·
Registered
2021 CBR1000RR ECU Flashed, QS, Yoshimura Alpha T Exhaust, White Rims
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
He’s talking about the fact you have to buy the QS separately to access all those functions even though they are already built into the ECU for the QS (ign kill timing/autoblip/etc). Nowadays really no reason to not just have it installed across all versions, but Honda makes people buy it separately on the lower models and have it pre-installed on the upper models.
Oh okay gotcha!! Yeah just made the purchase at $621 shipped 🥴 appreciate everyone! Ride safe but fun 🤙

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found the quick shifter for my ‘21 CBR1000RR Honda 08U70-MKF-D40 - QUICK SHIFTER | Partzilla.com But I have a question. Does this include auto blipper? It has the UP and DOWN (on/off) settings for the QS in the screen from manufacturer so would the On for Down be the auto blip? Not too knowledgeable about the QS specs so wondering if anyone knew?
It shows that it is only compatible for 2017-2019, has it been confirmed to work with 2020+ as well?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts