Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CBR1000RR
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I was riding and I noticed something weird happen twice in a row. When decelerating to a straight stop I usually begin applying the rear brake and matching my revs as I slow down. Today, after many many hours of riding, I noticed when I came up to a light and downshifted from second to first, first gear engaged for a split second before it popped back to neutral. I’ve never experienced that before with my bike; even on hard accel/decel in first gear. For example, I can power wheelie first gear all day long without it popping out of gear. For the rest of the ride I made sure I kicked it down into first more forcefully and it didn’t happen again. Do you think this was just a case of rider error? By pussyfooting it from second to first maybe I didn’t engage first fully?

·
Registered
2007 CBR1000RR
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like pussy footing. Or perhaps try slowing with front brakes and focus on the downshifting rev matching and see if you can replicate?
Yeah. I tried to replicate a bunch of times but I couldn’t. I usually downshift every time I come to a light or slow down and I always match my revs as close as possible. My oil does need to be changed too. It only has 1000 miles on it but I ride the living piss out of her so black stone recommended a 1000 mile interval.
Don’t use rear brake on road. Wheelies can mess the tranny or you may have old oil or just didn’t click hard who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t use rear brake on the road? Idk about you but I personally don’t like the feeling of coming to a complete stop with only the front brake. The forks dive and it just feels unstable. Using the rear eliminates that initial fork dive when you come to a complete stop. I used to subscribe to that belief but since I’ve learned how to use my rear brake properly my riding experience has improved exponentially. The rear brake is a tricky thing, but people need to learn how to use it and stop avoiding it all together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts