Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed the last couple of rides on my 1000rr going through the corners my boots are draggin on the pavement. I'm assuming aftermarket rearsets will give me more clearance and if so can you guys recommend which ones to look at? I'm planning on taking the 600rr to the track soon and I want to make sure I dont have this problem at the trackas well. Actually scared myself today because I didn't think I was leaned over that far and my boot started scraping and it startled me.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Really... :?: I would almost guarantee that it's your foot positioning then. The stock pegs are quite high. Aftermarket rearsets will definitely raise them up if you think you need it. Personally, 98% of the time, I ride on the street in the same position I ride on the track. Put your toes on the pegs, not the middle of your boot. If you still were to drag your toes, you might need to get out of the bike more. I can tell you that with my body positioning and the stock set-up, I would probably be dragging hard parts before I was dragging body parts (Knee's not included).

·
Registered
25 Posts
IronNutz is absolutely right. Anytime I don't have the ball of my foot on the peg I always scrape my boots. You get used to it after a while, but I always call myself a "dumbass" when I do it because I know better. Also with this foot position you are able to put more pressure on the pegs which really helps in the corners. :wink:

·
Registered
315 Posts
ashleys rr said:
IronNutz is absolutely right. Anytime I don't have the ball of my foot on the peg I always scrape my boots. You get used to it after a while, but I always call myself a "dumbass" when I do it because I know better. Also with this foot position you are able to put more pressure on the pegs which really helps in the corners. :wink:

what she said , she knows better!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.