Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Dropped It!!!

816 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Lonewolf0346 
#1 ·
Dropped it!!!!! Went to the track on Sunday,went well in the first session,went out in the second session and dropped it in the second lap.
The brakes went all soft on me and a i could not make it for the turn and went straight of the track. I thought i could keep it up but the bike just slipped out from me on the grass even befor i could make it into the sand. From what i could see while is was rolling, it looked like the bike had done maybe 3 or more tumbles. The bike is broken as you can see from the photos and i went to the doctor and the x-rays show a fractured collorbone. Nice!!! I hate pain. :sad010:Need to phone the insurance and claim.
One thing i dont understand is the brake pads were new(EBC HH sinterd), the brake fluid was new(Castrol dot4), why did the brakes fade????

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I did a 12 lap stint at Kayalami last weekend and the brakes have never felt this strong. Anyway, i have filled the claims form in and the bike is going in 2morrow to my nearest Honda agent for an assesment. As soon i know the damage, i will post it up.Thanks guys for the comments! :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Don't lie, don't misrepresent.

Also, unless he was participating in some sort of timed event, his insurance should cover it.

However, making a claim for a track event will only cost us all more. That or the insurance companies will soon wise up and exclude track events in their coverage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.