Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had to leave work early, but Our Dyno man called and said he put my bike on, it and made a couple of pulls. It made 144.7 RWHP Stk. Everything other than the -1 front sprocket.
He's gonna put my Jardine slip-on and pc3r on tommorrow or sat. and will tune it. I'll post #'s after.
Later Peace 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
As we all know, all dynos read differently. The only way to guage that number is to know some other benchmark numbers.

Like what has an 01/02 and then an 03 GSXR1000 make on that dyno.

From everything I have seen, the Honda makes about what an 03 GSXR1000 does, so that is pretty darn close.

No disappointments in that.

Thanks for posting RRRider. If you get a chance, ask him what some other bikes have make on that dyno.

FWIW, I know a reputed shop that has just finished mapping an RR with the Jardine slip-on and ended up with 154.

·
Registered
202 Posts
IronNutz said:
Not that I'm terribly concerned, but that is sort of a letdown. :(
kinda dissapointed also, my 954 had slighlty better numbers, with a arata full system and tfi, i was also hoping for better numbers from this new powerplant, hope the slip on and pc3 will help some. does the gearing affect hp? dont think it should :headscra:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well guys The pipe and pc3r is going on today as we speak,
If I can end up somewhere's around 150-154rwhp I'll be thrilled.
I'm sure our dyno is correct, If you don't belive it, that's up to you. I'm just trying to post things to this site because I work at a dealership and and able to do these things. It may save someone a little time and maybe some$$$$$$'s also.:D
The bike does only have 65miles on it, it still has regular 10w40 GN4 in it.
Will post latter,

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thats funny...thats the number I got when I computed your 1/4 mile mph and approx. weight. Guys...don't think that is low. Unless other 1000's are run on the same dyno for a comparison, I'm sure its a good number. DO NOT believe all those 160+ numbers for the ZX10. No way, no how!

·
Registered
184 Posts
does the gearing affect hp? dont think it :headscra:
No & yes. No, it doesn't have an effect on overall peak HP if you have the same thickness of the stock sprockets, but if you had a lighter chain along with lighter sprockets, yes it will have an effect on it. Also, with -1 in the front or +1 in the rear you will have more HP in the lower revs due to shorter gearing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THANKS GBracer,
I guess us drag race guys can figure things out like that. Some are right, I can make that Dyno put any range of #'s on that printout,
But we don't do that here at our shop.
Besides Honda didn't give me this bike
Jardine didn't give me an exhaust,
And Dynojet didn't give me the Pc3r.
This is just my experience and #'s, and remember guys not all bikes are equal. I do believe that some bikes may vary so very little, but that's all it takes. Things like Cam timing for one.
But I'm not opening that can of worms,
Pipes on, and pwr cmr will post the #'s tommorrow.
Peace Out.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
Smitty said:
does the gearing affect hp? dont think it :headscra:
No & yes. No, it doesn't have an effect on overall peak HP if you have the same thickness of the stock sprockets, but if you had a lighter chain along with lighter sprockets, yes it will have an effect on it. Also, with -1 in the front or +1 in the rear you will have more HP in the lower revs due to shorter gearing.
Gearing WILL NOT CHANGE HP figures. Gearing moves the hp around and can put it where you want it, or where you don't. You will not see gearing changes on the dyno, period.

I agree with the chain comment though. I felt the difference by the seat of the pants when I went 520 on my Superhawk. I wouldn't dare go 520 on a bike with 150 hp though. That's asking for rapid replacement.

·
Registered
202 Posts
RRRIDER said:
THANKS GBracer,
I guess us drag race guys can figure things out like that. Some are right, I can make that Dyno put any range of #'s on that printout,
But we don't do that here at our shop.
Besides Honda didn't give me this bike
Jardine didn't give me an exhaust,
And Dynojet didn't give me the Pc3r.
This is just my experience and #'s, and remember guys not all bikes are equal. I do believe that some bikes may vary so very little, but that's all it takes. Things like Cam timing for one.
But I'm not opening that can of worms,
Pipes on, and pwr cmr will post the #'s tommorrow.
Peace Out.
well, im glad you posted your numbers rr, i just bought a jardine slip on also, and interested if the slip on will have an effect on the hp, if it does, great, if it doesnt, great. as long as it looks and sounds good :D. dont know if i'll end up purchasing a pc3 or not, but any before and after results are good to know, good luck, keep us posted :thumbup:

·
Registered
526 Posts
[quote="gRReg
Gearing WILL NOT CHANGE HP figures. Gearing moves the hp around and can put it where you want it, or where you don't. You will not see gearing changes on the dyno, period.
[/quote]
You are wrong. Granted the differences will only be 1-2% but the size of the gears themselves have a parasitic effect. The higher the ratio the larger the gears diameter, thus more weight to move around as well as a larger circle to move it around. Due to the speeds that the gearing moves at even a small difference in weight or diameter can have a measurable effect. Basic physics.
Since its so small of an effect the only time you should shift on a dyno is for calculating shift points. And thats because the optimum shift point does change with gearing. For those of you anal (or good) enough to care about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.