Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a dyno "shootout" of sorts today. My '02 954RR & 1000RR, & friend's '04 R1.

Background info:

I've had the 954 dyno'ed three times now, all with the exact same aftermarket parts (Micron serpent exhaust & PCIIIr), all on DynoJet dynos, but with different tires (can create small HP difference) and different mileage. First time was on a dyno in Milwaukee, WI (certified Power Commander tuning center), approx. 2000 miles on bike: 147.7 HP. Next was at a local dealer's dyno shootout (dyno from some place out of Iowa, not "certified"), approx. 3000 miles on bike: 139 HP. Today's run on yet another dyno (also a certified Power Commander tuning center), approx 7700 miles on bike: 143.6 HP.

Today's runs, back to back to back:
954RR - 143.6 HP (Micron serpent & PCIIIr)
1000RR - 145.1 HP (completely stock) (max. torque = 67.8 ft. lbs.)
R1 - 157.5 HP (full Akro & PCIII)

The R1 also did 154 HP on this dyno a few weeks ago--PCIII, stock exhaust.

Moral of the story? The numbers themselves mean sh!t. It's all relative. If I'd only done the 1000RR today, it would have been 2.6 HP less than the 954 on it's first dyno run, and about 6 HP more than the 954 on it's second dyno run. Can't come to much of a conclusion with that information. "My bike puts out xxx HP" doesn't mean much by itself. And I've been as guilty of saying this as anyone.

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joker45 said:
Cool info. I'm curious about how much a dyno run costs in your area?
Regular price is $25, HP & torque, no exhaust sniffer, two runs.
I think it's $40 if you use the exhaust sniffer.

Three runs each, if you ask nice. We got a little group discount, too.

Also, I believe it's $300 for them to do a custom map.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
thanks for the heads up...i need some dyno work done my self....

it is intresting a full pipe on a 54 puts in the same range hp wise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.