Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I am getting my first fireblade, a 2017 with stock exhaust. I plan on putting on a TOCE aftermarket slip on and an ECU flash. Im just curious if I need to have a servo eliminator along with a flash or will I just leave it unplugged when I put my new exhaust on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's possible to get a flash with a servo delete. You need to talk to the person that's selling you the flash
Okay I am getting it done through the same company that I’m buying the exhaust it’s a 100 dollar discount but when I try to select a servo blocker it cancels out the ECU flash and vice versa. So I would say you are most likely correct I’ll email the company though to see what they say

·
Registered
638 Posts
Please don't put a Toce on it. The stock exhaust is very high quality and the $$ spent on the exhaust could instead go to a tune that unleashes the stock bike and the stock exhaust.

Once unrestricted it sounds really good, and again, the stock exhaust is actually a very well designed and engineered system. Oh and it's titanium.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please don't put a Toce on it. The stock exhaust is very high quality and the $$ spent on the exhaust could instead go to a tune that unleashes the stock bike and the stock exhaust.

Once unrestricted it sounds really good, and again, the stock exhaust is actually a very well designed and engineered system. Oh and it's titanium.

View attachment 262447
While you make a very good point I like the look of the Toce exhaust personally, and if I don’t care for it I can always put the stock one back on

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You should not be buying/paying for an external device to spoof your servo. Anyone flashing your ECU should be able to turn off the servo in the ECU. If they can't give your money to some else that can.

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
280 Posts
Exhaust on the Base model is stainless not titanium. The SP1/2 models got the titanium muffler and gas tank.
With the TOCE you will save a few pounds but increase the noise, probably beyond legal limits. You will need the tune to keep the bike from running lean. You can also get the throttle valves to open fully if yours is a USA model.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,561 Posts
Exhaust on the Base model is stainless not titanium. The SP1/2 models got the titanium muffler and gas tank.
So I have the SP
Muffler 18310-MKF-D40
Headers 18150-MKF-D40
Same part numbers for both Standard and SP

The fuel tanks are different.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's why I got hold of a stock muffler for mine it's quite a nice stock pipe, with the cat and exhaust servo gone and now a dyno tune I'm well happy with fairly budget usable performance upgrades.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,561 Posts
That's why I got hold of a stock muffler for mine it's quite a nice stock pipe, with the cat and exhaust servo gone and now a dyno tune I'm well happy with fairly budget usable performance upgrades.
Yup, I don't see the point of removing a $2,539.28 titanium muffler just because it's OEM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With the TOCE you will save a few pounds but increase the noise, probably beyond legal limits. You will need the tune to keep the bike from running lean. You can also get the throttle valves to open fully if yours is a USA model.
When I bought my exhaust I also purchased an ecu flash so that should fix the running lean. I saw a couple companies when they do the flash they increase the rev limiter, this one said it was optional but I think I want to any idea what they increase it by?

·
Registered
638 Posts
When I bought my exhaust I also purchased an ecu flash so that should fix the running lean. I saw a couple companies when they do the flash they increase the rev limiter, this one said it was optional but I think I want to any idea what they increase it by?
They most likely increase it by 600 rpms, from 13,200 to 13,800 (what the non-nerfed bikes are factory set to).
I set mine to 13,800.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Oh for sure. The stock US tune is heavily restricted from 10k rpm to redline. Without any "custom" tuning an easy 10+ hp is available just from derestricting/allowing the bike to go full throttle.

Really though for day to day street riding or commuting, probably won't make a big difference. On the track or if doing a half mile pull to 170, big difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh for sure. The stock US tune is heavily restricted from 10k rpm to redline. Without any "custom" tuning an easy 10+ hp is available just from derestricting/allowing the bike to go full throttle.

Really though for day to day street riding or commuting, probably won't make a big difference. On the track or if doing a half mile pull to 170, big difference.
Great to know, I’m definitely glad that I’m getting it done then.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts