Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
This week I am getting my first fireblade, a 2017 with stock exhaust. I plan on putting on a TOCE aftermarket slip on and an ECU flash. Im just curious if I need to have a servo eliminator along with a flash or will I just leave it unplugged when I put my new exhaust on.
When you get the ECU flashed the tuner can delete the servo this way you don’t have to get anything extra and remove the servo which you will no longer need. When I flashed my ECU for my 17 cbr1000rr with Akrapovic slip on,K&N race filter and block off plates. Had the servo eliminated and then I removed it completely from the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exhaust on the Base model is stainless not titanium. The SP1/2 models got the titanium muffler and gas tank.
With the TOCE you will save a few pounds but increase the noise, probably beyond legal limits. You will need the tune to keep the bike from running lean. You can also get the throttle valves to open fully if yours is a USA model.
The only thing that’s not titanium on the base model is the gas tank the headers and exhaust are titanium

·
Registered
110 Posts
The only thing that’s not titanium on the base model is the gas tank, the headers and exhaust are titanium
How do you guys own this bike and can't even tell if you have a stainless steel header or titanium header?

The base SC77 has a stainless steel header with a catalytic converter welded to it.

I know because I just removed that heavy ass thing and replaced it with the Akro Ti header and GP muffler.

Titanium looks more like aluminum until it heats cycles and then you get some nice color to it.

New no heat cycling:

After a heat cycle

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can you post the part numbers for OEM stainless and titanium headers?
I never said “factory titanium header.”

I said factory SC77 header is stainless steel with a catalytic converter welded to it.

See the pictures I uploaded of my 2018 factory stainless steel header vs the Akrapovic titanium header I replaced it with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
When you get the ECU flashed the tuner can delete the servo this way you don’t have to get anything extra and remove the servo which you will no longer need. When I flashed my ECU for my 17 cbr1000rr with Akrapovic slip on,K&N race filter and block off plates. Had the servo eliminated and then I removed it completely from the bike.
That’s what I plan on doing when I put the slip-on on I will take the servo out then later down the line I’ll put a catless header because I heard they are also very restrictive. Have you had your bike on a dyno?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Factory SC77 muffler is definitely majority titanium.

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

Hood Wheel Musical instrument Tire Asphalt

Font Atmospheric phenomenon Tints and shades Number Commemorative plaque

I stand corrected. And you’re absolutely correct. One question though how much do you like the titanium akrapovic headers. I’m looking into purchasing it so I can match it with the Akra gp slip on.
The Akro sounds amazing and the extra power and weight saving is worth it if you want to beat your buddies stock 1k RR!

Not cheap but worth every penny.

Make sure de-restrict and tune the bike to maximize the setup!

Automotive tire Hood Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,561 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just went through all this research with my SC77.

The mufflers on all the SC77 variants are the same, the muffler I have on mine is from an SP but are the same on the base model which is what my bike is. Not sure what the material the muffler is made from but it's super lite and doesn't react to magnets, I got rid of a Yoshi muffler I had on mine I didn't like the sound or look the stock pipe weighs about the same as the Yoshimura pipe.

I cut the headers off from the cat and once that's done you can feel how really lite they are super super lite and then had a mate weld on a Dominator cat delete pipe to the headers. They react to a magnet and he said by welding them he felt they were some sort of stainless mix and different than the pipe he was welding them to.

I put a WSBK full system on my 1199 Ducati and we all thought it was titanium because it was so lite but it was stainless with Ti mufflers, so this type of stainless must be common practice for exhaust manufactures for motorcycles. We need a metallurgist to chime in and set us straight.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,561 Posts
We need a metallurgist to chime in and set us straight.
OEM header on a 2017 standard bike is $1,250.98. The OEM header on a 2017 SP2 is $1,250.98

·
Registered
7 Posts
How do you guys own this bike and can't even tell if you have a stainless steel header or titanium header?

The base SC77 has a stainless steel header with a catalytic converter welded to it.

I know because I just removed that heavy ass thing and replaced it with the Akro Ti header and GP muffler.

View attachment 262473

View attachment 262474

Titanium looks more like aluminum until it heats cycles and then you get some nice color to it.

New no heat cycling:

View attachment 262475

After a heat cycle

View attachment 262476

View attachment 262477
I stand corrected. And you’re absolutely correct. One question though how much do you like the titanium akrapovic headers. I’m looking into purchasing it so I can match it with the Akra gp slip on.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The muffler is definitely titanium. The header looks to be some grade of stainless steel. This has me thinking, has anyone done an aftermarket (titanium) header with stock muffler? That might be a good bang for the buck stealth system.

·
Registered
156 Posts
What's wrong with the stock headers?
If you want usable torque down low going up exhaust system sizes is not the answer, ditch the cat get it on the Dyno with a good tuner and your there.

Not for everyone but it does work.

Mine feels so sweet now with those things done, it's going to the track on Thursday for it's maiden voyage and I'm well happy how things are going. Also going
to be great with the abs deleted HEL lines and the Brembo pump :)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts