Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

ECU map set selector switch

20K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  MKG17 
#1 ·
I am trying to figure out which pin on the ECU is responsible for selecting between the two different map sets. Based on the schematic from this '08 HRC manual (http://www.firebladezone.com/docs/08CBR1000-HRC.pdf) it seems like the mode selector is pin24 on the gray connector. This pin is not connector to anything on the non-HRC schematic. Can anyone with access to a newer HRC manual see if you can confirm the mode switch pin, or better yet, post up a schematic? Thanks.

#3 ·
For 2017 SP2 HRC ECU pin 29 grey connector is FI\IGN Mode switch which is mapped to left of Hazard Switch when using stock left bar switch cluster or Map Selector on HRC left bar switch cluster.

Pin 29 on the street SP2 ECU grey connector is open.
Thanks. Pin 29 is in use by something else on the 08-12 havent looked at newer models. On that 08 HRC schematic the ECU pin is called "MOD SW" but is also connect to the hazard switch. I wont be able to test this until my order from cycleterminal arrives.

#5 ·
I think the pin is going to be consistent on all the standard Keihin (non-HRC) ecus. All that you need to do is connect the pin to ground and the second set of maps kick in after the next gear change.

EDIT: Pin 24 on the 2006 HRC schematic goes to an empty connector.

#15 ·
I will test, I hope there is no way to kill the ECU. I was wondering if you know a factor and an offset for the IGN tables,
I think the factor is 0.351563 and offset -20, but I'm not sure. I am working with winols and I found TPS Map, IAP Map, IGN Map, injector balance map and REV limiter but I do not find Launch control map and top speed limiter.

#16 ·
So on the 06/07, the French 1000rr's are restricted to ~106hp and they do this running the second mapset as default with a highly detuned map. In FSM for the French model there is a ground wire going to pin1 on the gray ecu connector. This pin is empty on the EU/US models. Pretty sure this is the map selection switch for the non-HRC ecus. Unfortunately only the 04-11 appear to have the dual map sets, the 12-16 only have 1 set.

#17 ·
06 CBR 1KRR

I have a Cali bike and B connector pin one was grounded. The wiring diagram showed this is only on CA bikes but all ecu's support it. wired a switch in and the bike now revs faster and runs lean with it cut, ground it and it runs like stock. I have yet to do a rode test but it definitely appears to be a map switch.

#20 ·
I've done a bunch of digging into this. From what I can tell in the code in the ECU the map selector is hard coded and does not query that external pin like on the 06/07 ECU. I am pretty sure I can match the code to enable the selector but I don't have a 1000rr to do any R&D on any more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.