Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I trust everyone is good.
Is there anyone who can help me with a XDF file for my 09CBR1000rr where i wil be able to activate launch control?
Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
Are you sure?
Cause i know there must be a way
Aftermarket is your best bet for that year bike. Launch control at minimum requires some way for the ECU to either monitor front wheel speed or have an inertial measurement unit.

The 2008-2016 ECU has no provision for that feature and it's not something you can program into a bike because the ECU has to somehow know the relative wheel speeds or have inertial data to work with.

All the ECU knows is how fast the crank is turning and how fast the output shaft is turning. That's it for 2008-2016 and it's unfortunately not enough for launch control.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Aftermarket is your best bet for that year bike. Launch control at minimum requires some way for the ECU to either monitor front wheel speed or have an inertial measurement unit.

The 2008-2016 ECU has no provision for that feature and it's not something you can program into a bike because the ECU has to somehow know the relative wheel speeds or have inertial data to work with.

All the ECU knows is how fast the crank is turning and how fast the output shaft is turning. That's it for 2008-2016 and it's unfortunately not enough for launch control.
Launch control can be added to these ECU without needing extra sensors... but that code is not part of the stock ECU so an XDF for a stock bin wouldn't help.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Launch control can be added to these ECU without needing extra sensors... but that code is not part of the stock ECU so an XDF for a stock bin wouldn't help.
How would the ECU be able to know if you are in a death wheelie or there's tire spin? Would it have to just go off of sudden changes in rear wheel speed?

Or are you referring to a rev-limit based launch control?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts