Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone I'm on my second bike and so far wish this one was my first lol. I've read on a few places before that there are places that will send you an already flased ECU and you mail your stock one back to them thats way you don't have no down time from ridding. Does anyone know of any place that offers this still?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Use the search tool, many vendors offering ECU flashing.
My guess would be any vendor willing to send you a flashed ECU without first having your current ECU would also require a deposit of the cost of the flash and ECU prior to sending one to you which surely won't be cheap. The ECU core cost would then be refunded but in the mean time you have $$$ tied up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've searched and all I ever see is the option of mailing in the ecu and they mail it back. I'm hoping someone reads this who has done the option I'm asking about. I'd be fine putting up the cash and get refunded when they receive mine in the mail.

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
A replacement ECU is between $800 & $1800 from Honda depending on year and if they are still available.
There is also no guarantee your ECU will be usable when they get it - it might have been previously flashed and locked.

If I were to offer such an ECU flash service (and this is not a promotion of any such ECU flashing services) I would charge you replacement + flashing cost ($1100 to $2100) up front and then only after I received your ECU and had verified it was in fact usable refund your core deposit.

What model you looking to have flashed? (Just asking for a friend :D:cool: )

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've searched and all I ever see is the option of mailing in the ecu and they mail it back. I'm hoping someone reads this who has done the option I'm asking about. I'd be fine putting up the cash and get refunded when they receive mine in the mail.
I would try contacting them and see if they offer the service but due to the variences in ECU's your best bet is getting your ECU flashed.
You could always buy the package and flash/autotune yourself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A replacement ECU is between $800 & $1800 from Honda depending on year and if they are still available.
There is also no guarantee your ECU will be usable when they get it - it might have been previously flashed and locked.

If I were to offer such an ECU flash service (and this is not a promotion of any such ECU flashing services) I would charge you replacement + flashing cost ($1100 to $2100) up front and then only after I received your ECU and had verified it was in fact usable refund your core deposit.

What model you looking to have flashed? (Just asking for a friend :D:cool: )
Damn i didn't here anything about the people who did that shelling out that much money. I'll probably just drive to have it done same day and drive home. I can't find anyone in michigan that can offer a good flash just things like fi codes n stuff. Schnitz racing offers the type of flash im talking about so ill drive from michigan to Indiana before I wait a week to mail the ecu lol. I've got an 07 cbr1000rr.

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Damn i didn't here anything about the people who did that shelling out that much money. I'll probably just drive to have it done same day and drive home. I can't find anyone in michigan that can offer a good flash just things like fi codes n stuff. Schnitz racing offers the type of flash im talking about so ill drive from michigan to Indiana before I wait a week to mail the ecu lol. I've got an 07 cbr1000rr.
Well, that is hoe much money the tuner would be out of the buyer stiffed them and never sent the core ECU back in. New ECUs are expensive.

You have a 2007? Then jump on eBay, buy yourself a spare ECU for $80 and ship that off to be flashed if you can't have a single second of down time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a good idea. I just got the bike so I'm just trying to find alternate route so I don't have to go a week or so waiting on the mail is all.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Yeah you can get 06-16 ECU for under 100 easily. I've probably bought a half dozen 06/07 ecus in the past 2 years and never paid more than 70.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah you can get 06-16 ECU for under 100 easily. I've probably bought a half dozen 06/07 ecus in the past 2 years and never paid more than 70.
I paid $125 just came in the mail today lol. Now I got to see where I want to send it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts