Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all..I'd like to thank Ride Now Powersports in San Diego for their excellent customer service..even though they are complete fucking morons. Except Lonnie. He's funny as fuck.

I bought this 2017 cbr1000rr brand new, old stock.

In the year that I've owned it, its gone through 3 batteries (one died, the other exploded), a swingarm (from the battery acid explosion), a fuel pump relay, a wiring harness, and 4 fuel pumps.

Yes, 4 FUEL PUMPS. All in 8000 miles.

Bike is totally stock internally, save for a cheap slipon. Never been flashed. Never been tampered with in any way. Shit, never even been rained on, or seen below 32 degrees. Bike has lived its whole live in SoCal, garage kept.

The dealer CLAIM that they checked the charging system, but I call bullshit. They never claimed to even test the rectifier I believe. For me that's the only thing I could possibly even think of..I was hoping someone could help me!

Another weird symptom that the bike does is on extremely hot days, usually above 100 degrees (including the 2 track days it has been to), the bike will run fine, then the ABS and TC light will come on and stay on for maybe 10 mins..the 'Check Engine' light will come on, and the bike will cut off. Just die right there like you turned the key. After about another 15 to 20 minutes, the bike will start again, with all the lights still on. Let it sit for an hour and cool down, all the lights are gone like nothing happened.

Anyone, please help!!

Attachments

·
BOTM Moderator
242 Posts
That's sounds terrible for a brand new bike.

Do you have the concept of a lemon law in CA? I think if the same problem happens 3 times and still not fixed, the manufacturer would have to buy it back under the lemon law.

A new bike shouldn't have these issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes 100%.

As much as we love our Honda's here..they are FUCKING ASSHOLES when it comes to admitting that they sold a shit bike. I have spoken to every warranty employee, the district and area managers, everyone. For whatever reason they think that I'm fucking with the bike. They keep sending all these men in white labcoats to test the bike, but wont actually try and repair the bike.

They have really treated me like shit about this thing. They have told me since to metaphorically go fuck myself.

And for the record, its 4 times, with the same issue. I qualify now! But with COVID, the courts are a hot mess. Lemon Law with a Honda motorcycle will take years, because they will fight you at every step of the way.

General rule of thumb, the higher a company is rated as far as reliability, the bigger pain in the ass they will be if you do get a bad unit.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,738 Posts
Yes 100%.

As much as we love our Honda's here..they are FUCKING ASSHOLES when it comes to admitting that they sold a shit bike. I have spoken to every warranty employee, the district and area managers, everyone. For whatever reason they think that I'm fucking with the bike. They keep sending all these men in white labcoats to test the bike, but wont actually try and repair the bike.

They have really treated me like shit about this thing. They have told me since to metaphorically go fuck myself.

And for the record, its 4 times, with the same issue. I qualify now! But with COVID, the courts are a hot mess. Lemon Law with a Honda motorcycle will take years, because they will fight you at every step of the way.

General rule of thumb, the higher a company is rated as far as reliability, the bigger pain in the ass they will be if you do get a bad unit.
You finance the bike through Honda?
If so I'd drive that POS right through the dealership showroom window and leave it there.
Consider it returned!

·
a d m i n
151,039 Posts
If so I'd drive that POS right through the dealership showroom window and leave it there.
Consider it returned!
That does wonders for your credit.. :giggle:

4 fuel pumps? Ex girlfriend spiking your gas tank with bird shot?

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,738 Posts
That does wonders for your credit.. :giggle:

4 fuel pumps? Ex girlfriend spiking your gas tank with bird shot?
Not too concerned over a credit score but I guess some would just rather get fucked over just to keep from having a negative report on your credit.
I get it

I actually did something very similar with a car, a cell phone, and a high priced car amplifier in the past (seperate incidents).
None of which is on my credit report. All 3 companies wanted nothing to do with taking me to court trying to explain why they did nothing for me as a customer and consumer after numerous complaints and attempts to allow them to make it right.
They took the loss, if they even lost anything, and wrote it off as bad debt.

Edit: I'm not recommending taking this route to anyone as it's a financial hassle short term but it's most likely what I would end up doing if they flat out refused to make things right

·
Registered
122 Posts
So is the bike still under warranty?

What is your goal in this situation, get your money back from dealer or get it fixed up so you can own it for years to come?

Sucks to hear this, my 2018 leftover cbr has had two oil leaks but besides that flawless in 1800 miles. Haven't been back to the dealer since I took delivery, don't plan to go back ever!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Consider it returned!
Oh trust me! I tried that but they basically said "Don't worry about the window...but come get this piece of shit"😂😂

·
Hook 'em!
2,868 Posts
Jesus that doesn't sound like a new bike at all. I've had my SP since April 2017 and the only issue was the fuel cap recall which actually turned into a bonus of having three identical keys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jesus that doesn't sound like a new bike at all. I've had my SP since April 2017 and the only issue was the fuel cap recall which actually turned into a bonus of having three identical keys.
Real talk I've fucking lost count of how many times I've heard "Cbr1000? Those NEVER have problems really..."

If i could give an honest number probably at least 60 different people

·
BOTM Moderator
242 Posts
this truly sucks. reminds me of reading about the "normal" oil burning situation with 08 models.
If I were you, I would start the lemon process now, whether it takes long or not.
also, in these cases, I think you could approach your attorney general too. sometimes they help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2019 CBR1000RR SP leaked a bit of coolant. Brought it back to the dealer, they said it's normal as part of break in period. They didn't do anything. I haven't heard anyone experienced the same. It's not like I redline the thing during break in. Oddly enough it stopped leaking.

I did talk to the dealership saying how Honda doesn't listen to their customers. They actually corrected me saying a customer called/email the corporate and they made the dealership fixed the issue. I suggest you do the same.

·
Registered
67 Posts
First of all..I'd like to thank Ride Now Powersports in San Diego for their excellent customer service..even though they are complete fucking morons. Except Lonnie. He's funny as fuck.

I bought this 2017 cbr1000rr brand new, old stock.

In the year that I've owned it, its gone through 3 batteries (one died, the other exploded), a swingarm (from the battery acid explosion), a fuel pump relay, a wiring harness, and 4 fuel pumps.

Yes, 4 FUEL PUMPS. All in 8000 miles.

Bike is totally stock internally, save for a cheap slipon. Never been flashed. Never been tampered with in any way. Shit, never even been rained on, or seen below 32 degrees. Bike has lived its whole live in SoCal, garage kept.

The dealer CLAIM that they checked the charging system, but I call bullshit. They never claimed to even test the rectifier I believe. For me that's the only thing I could possibly even think of..I was hoping someone could help me!

Another weird symptom that the bike does is on extremely hot days, usually above 100 degrees (including the 2 track days it has been to), the bike will run fine, then the ABS and TC light will come on and stay on for maybe 10 mins..the 'Check Engine' light will come on, and the bike will cut off. Just die right there like you turned the key. After about another 15 to 20 minutes, the bike will start again, with all the lights still on. Let it sit for an hour and cool down, all the lights are gone like nothing happened.

Anyone, please help!!
Have you tried a Stator and Rec/Reg test , and maybe pulling the ABS fuse for a while to see how it runs

·
Hook 'em!
2,868 Posts
My 2019 CBR1000RR SP leaked a bit of coolant. Brought it back to the dealer, they said it's normal as part of break in period. They didn't do anything. I haven't heard anyone experienced the same. It's not like I redline the thing during break in. Oddly enough it stopped leaking.

I did talk to the dealership saying how Honda doesn't listen to their customers. They actually corrected me saying a customer called/email the corporate and they made the dealership fixed the issue. I suggest you do the same.
New Hondas sometimes have coolant reservoir tanks that are slightly overfilled. It is normal for them to overflow by design.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Not too concerned over a credit score but I guess some would just rather get fucked over just to keep from having a negative report on your credit.
I get it

I actually did something very similar with a car, a cell phone, and a high priced car amplifier in the past (seperate incidents).
None of which is on my credit report. All 3 companies wanted nothing to do with taking me to court trying to explain why they did nothing for me as a customer and consumer after numerous complaints and attempts to allow them to make it right.
They took the loss, if they even lost anything, and wrote it off as bad debt.

Edit: I'm not recommending taking this route to anyone as it's a financial hassle short term but it's most likely what I would end up doing if they flat out refused to make things right
You sound like a psycho path. Yes, it would wreck other peoples credit. Any moron knows a negative on your credit report takes 8 years before it comes off.
that’s not even mentioning that the 3 things you allegedly did were illegal. You may be an angry old person, with a grudge.

·
Hook 'em!
2,868 Posts
You sound like a psycho path. Yes, it would wreck other peoples credit. Any moron knows a negative on your credit report takes 8 years before it comes off.
Actually it's approximately seven years
that’s not even mentioning that the 3 things you allegedly did were illegal.
It's not illegal to return an item that money is owed on and not pay the balance owed. It's a civil dispute. That's why the police will not contact you. That's why there's no debtors prison.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Actually it's approximately seven years
It's not illegal to return an item that money is owed on and not pay the balance owed. It's a civil dispute. That's why the police will not contact you. That's why there's no debtors prison.
7-8 years depending, either way, it could wreck havoc on so many people who are younger, trying to maintain good credit, if they just decide to stop paying for a revolving credit loan.
He made it sound like he damaged property of offending party, that’s not legal, and as fun as it is to fantasize about doing, it could get some one in big trouble. By the way, one dealer not too far from me, is uh connected. You try that shit there, and you could end up alligator food.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts