Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys...I'll start off by saying Hello and that I am a newbie to the board. I picked up my 1000rr on April 8th and now have 1900 miles on it.

I have 2 things I am questioning on my bike. The 1st of which is that I have noticed that it takes a few (more then other bikes around) cranks to get the bike started. I am ok with that but seems kinda like a small problem.

The 2nd problem happens on an intermittent basis. My speedo/tach turns off and back on immmediatly when starting. I asked the dealer about it when I took it in to have the proper oil filter put on the bike. The dealer wasn't sure since the bike was so new. I would take it in but I didn't want to take the bike in for any un-necissary service.

Any suggestions? :?:

·
Registered
350 Posts
First issue: Normal. The bike takes a few turns to fire up - a lot of bikes are like this.

Second issue: The starter relay cuts power to other circuits (like lights) while it's operating. Once you release the starter button, everything should come right back on. Not sure why it's only intermittent though.

Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys. Certifications eh? Can I have one? ;)

The bike takes several more fires then the bikes I ride around (Usually about 2 or 3 seconds) It seemed funny to me and a friend of mine that rode the bike was surprised too. As for the speedo blink, it only happens occasionally, however it happened ONCE while I was riding down the road. A friend of mine suggested to look at the battery connections. I might do that. In the meantime, I am going to write a letter to Honda for any suggestions.

BTW, also very glad to be here...

Here's a pic of my baby the day I was signing the paperwork. :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'm guessing you didn't catch that... I was referring to the title under your username... If there is one thing that kills a joke, it's having to explain it. Even if you did catch it, since I thought you didn't, now I've explained it, and either way I feel stupid. Thanks for making me feel like a big fat retard :cry: ..................... :wink:

Oh well, nothing another drink won't fix!

Cheers!

:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oops...sorry. I forgot it was even there. I set this username a while back but am just starting to use it now. OK...I'll try to catch on more quickly next time. And to make you feel better. I'm blonde...so a lot of things fly over my head LOL ;)

IronNutz said:
I'm guessing you didn't catch that... I was referring to the title under your username... If there is one thing that kills a joke, it's having to explain it. Even if you did catch it, since I thought you didn't, now I've explained it, and either way I feel stupid. Thanks for making me feel like a big fat retard :cry: ..................... :wink:

Oh well, nothing another drink won't fix!

Cheers!

:D

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Oops...sorry. I forgot it was even there. I set this username a while back but am just starting to use it now. OK...I'll try to catch on more quickly next time. And to make you feel better. I'm blonde...so a lot of things fly over my head LOL
:lol:
LMAF thats a good come back. A D.G. We got our bikes on the same day April 8th. Mine was Delivered to me on April 9 my B-Day. But I only have like 800 miles. I guess you cant get enough of all that power between your legs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.