Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with these ? Do they work? Are they the best ones on the market or are the Takai ones better ?

I have them on my 2012 because I dynoed the bike same day without them and with them them. Saw 4 hp gain so kept them. Had a deal with the owner , he said if they don't perform I could return them. They're not cheap but hp/$ is good.

· Tech SuperMod!
266 Posts
4hp from coils? Let's see those before & after dyno charts.

Reactions: papper

· Registered
278 Posts
Here's the link to my thread from 10 years ago. Copy and paste in a google search tab and you're there. I had to post a second chart cause one guy couldn't subtract or "see" the difference to get 4hp so I had to post the version with the actual before and after numbers , he stopped posting after that.

· Tech SuperMod!
1,210 Posts
I'm no expert, but am extremely curious how these coils would measure on testing equipment vs. an OEM coil. If so, could we mimic the effect of the coil by "overdriving" or modifying the OEM coils? I would assume it's got a higher secondary to primary winding ratio vs. OEM.

· Tech SuperMod!
266 Posts
Another variable is total amount of charge stored and discharged (mH).

High-voltage CDI was all the rage in '80s, but had extremely short duration. Flame actually went out before combustion could be initiates. No one uses CDI any more because of this. MSD got started around then with multiple sparks to ensure mixture combustion was fully started and continued.

· Registered
278 Posts
From what I remember, Mark the owner said these are much higher output than stock and they don't "leak" like the stock ones do that's why for the Hondas these produce more of a gain 4-6. If my memory serves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts