Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have about 1300 miles on my blade now and started to notice a ticking or rattle type engine noise.
I can hear it when I'm rifding the bike with my helmet on mainly between 2k and 4k any higher revs than this it seems to disapear (or get drowned out by exhaust note)
It sounds like general valve gear noise to me but it does seem to have got louder since I went over 1000 miles

I can also hear the same noise when ticking over or revving the engine
It doesn't go away when I pull the clutch

Do you reckon this is normal?

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
No, oh my god it's gonna blow up soon!

You should run out to the driveway & put your ear against the plastic & just listen for any anomalies in the drive train immediately.

Once you get really skilled at this technique then you can become a master mechanic like myself & learn how to check the valve clearances just by placing your nuts on the gas tank & revving the bike up a couple times

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sounds like valve clatter on my 1K as well. Talked with the tech at BVH and he said it sounds like the fuel injectors. Because they are so exposed you can here them doing their thing, "like beating on a drum." All 4 of the RRs they serviced before mine had the same sound and there are no problems with any of them. I think its just a quirk.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lord Duckhunter said:
No, oh my god it's gonna blow up soon!

You should run out to the driveway & put your ear against the plastic & just listen for any anomalies in the drive train immediately.

Once you get really skilled at this technique then you can become a master mechanic like myself & learn how to check the valve clearances just by placing your nuts on the gas tank & revving the bike up a couple times
Lord Duckhunter, which ear do you think is best for this operation :wink: ?

·
Registered
538 Posts
IronNutz said:
Really? I would hope it's not a CCT problem, you would think they learned their lesson with the F4I.
I have this same "chatter" between 2500-3200 RPM. IT sounds almost identical to the CCT problem I had on the F4i but man I'm hoping it isn't. They still haven't fixed that CCT problem with the F4i's. My buddy has a F4i and has replaced 3 CCT's and it STILL makes the rattling noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.