Hows your engine running?

• Engine Miss

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From theJrod's post with video http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=496&highlight= its come to my attention that not all of us know the difference between engine ping/knock and an engine missing
Ping: Fuel predetonation. This is when the fuel detonates before its supposed to, meaning that the shockwave in the chamber catches the piston while its still compressing.
Symptions: LOUD knocking type of noise with the bike shaking or lurching and the RPM gauge going nuts.

Miss: When the fuel in a chamber doesnt detonate at all. Very little noise from the engine case while the exaust will *poom* kinda sound. May have some bike movement but not much and the RPM gauge will move some, almost exclusivly hopping down for a second. See theJrod's video for an example

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, and the last 3 are mine, about that engine ping.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have a problem!
I'll do a poll and see who agrees though.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thorn92 said:
What do you consider a ping?? I seem to have a faint "ticking" as it idles?? Is that the same that you're talking about???
If you dont know if you have it then you dont. Ping is very apparent and it should scare you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.