Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard the sound of her yet?

I generally find the factory pipes are too quiet.

My concern is that aftermarket cans will be slow to appear because its a weird shape - being under the seat.

Does anyone know of any manufacturer planning to produce some cans for the CBR1000? What has happended with the 600 as that is underseat exhaust now also?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It's almost a year since the 600RR was released and there are aftermarkets exhausts everywhere. Seems Micron was one of the first released, and the quality was not so good.

The 600RR's exhaust was ultra heavy also. I lost over 12 pounds with just a slipon.

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
Re: Exhaust note?

From the Canadian Motorcycle Guide Online review:

Thumb the starter and the big Honda emits a real bark from the underseat exhaust - nothing obnoxious, just a throaty growl that’s pleasantly different than what spews from the usual, side-mounted 45-gallon drum canister.
It sounds like the 1000RR has a better exhaust note than previous bikes (other reviews have noted a better sounding exhaust as well), but I'll probably change the muffler or whole exhaust out anyway.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was reading a article that said the 1000rr was the best sounding litre bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
not much different than other bikes with stock exhausts. Now, pop an ARATA system and things will change! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.