Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m picking up a SC77 and want to get a little more sound from the exhaust and style. I’m not a fan of the way the two brothers and Yoshi look. I’m leaning more towards the way the Akra and Leo Vince look.
Any suggestions for price/performance?
Not looking to spend an arm and leg.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
What’s your budget?
New full Ti system is going to range from $2000 to $3500 and just the slipons from these manufacturers will have higher prices that match.
The stock exhaust is actually pretty loud at full throttle.
Loud enough to be just in the margin for noise managed racetracks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking slip on for now.
On my 06 600RR i had a full Sato Ti system.
I'm more wanting a growl during low throttle than noise at full throttle.
I just want something clean until it's time to do full upgrades..
I usually like to learn the bike at as close to stock as possible before adding much power.
I usually start with suspension changes and then power. I weigh only 145ish so most stock suspension is pretty stiff.
But like i was saying i want that growl during idle with a clean look.
has anybody had any experience with the Leo Vince.
I'm not sure why it's so cheap. At MMI Leo Vince was well respected for being quality. Has anything changed with them?

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
If you bike is 100% stock then an exhaust will offer no performance upgrade anyway so just grab any slip on.

They all accomplish the same thing - increase noise, lose some bottom end torque and the bike possibly running just a little leaner than stock and leave you facing the same dilemma.

What to do with the exhaust servo and what to do with the slip-on when you upgrade to full system.

The North American SC77 performance is all software managed for the most part, so given the chance this is what I suggest to new SC77 owners is ride the bike 100% stock for a couple weeks.

Note the sound, feel, behavior in power modes 1 through 5 and then get the ECU flashed to full power and then play with your still stock exhaust but full power bike.

The advantage of a stock exhaust full power bike is you can try the power out without attracting the cops 👮‍♀️ 🤫😉

It will be as if your bike went bike from 750cc to 1000cc.

That is how drastic the difference is above 9000rpm between a stock and an unlocked bike.

Then decide what you want to do with the exhaust 😁

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like that idea.
I'm located near Portland, OR. We have a performance company here called EDR.
I think i'll reach out to them today and see what they offer for the SC77.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats my fear. This is my first liter and I want to learn the bike first. I have a feeling they cold be elitists
Any good suggestions for first upgrades?
Planning on starting off with Fender eliminator and seat upgrade. Thinking Luimoto.
And then quad lock case and mount for my phone. .

·
Registered
136 Posts
yeah thats my fear. This is my first liter and I want to learn the bike first. I have a feeling they cold be elitists
Any good suggestions for first upgrades?
Planning on starting off with Fender eliminator and seat upgrade. Thinking Luimoto.
And then quad lock case and mount for my phone. .
Graves makes a good fender eliminator, and they have a good how to video on YouTube. They also make a nice slip on exhaust. Not cheap, but good quality and looks. Sounds nice and deep as well.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The luimoto gold gel seems the best out of any of the seat upgrades I’ve found.
I know Honda sells an upgraded seat, called energy seat or some crap. Also could look into saddlemans or several others but they are pretty expensive for a piece of plastic with foam, gel, and vinyl on it. I haven't tried any of the others but they all seem to have good reviews.
If you are gonna go the Luimoto route you can either send your seat to them or if you're a fairly handy guy can do it yourself. I would suggest picking up an air stapler if you have an air compressor. No way you're gonna staple the vinyl on with a hand stapler. Gel insert is easy to measure, cut and install, but the difficult part is cutting out the foam at precisely the right depth so the gel insert sits flush with the foam. Luimoto has a couple install videos on their site though which helps get the idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’ve read review after review and the luimoto gold gel seems the best. I picked up the bike yesterday. Today I’m ordering the quad lock. And I’m still looking for the cleanest fender eliminator.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My sc77 came with an sc project exhaust and it is crazy loud. I have to stick ear plugs way down my ear canals to ride it. If your not looking for loud don't get an sc project exhaust.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If your looking for something cheap and sounds good go with the m4 gp , i modified the baffle sounds awesome , you can pick one up for around $300 , with that being said with most after market slip on you will fill a slight dead spot at low RPM when accelerating hard

1 - 17 of 17 Posts