Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Who doesn't like a little lope? Are you guys sport bikers or Camry drivers? :unsure:
I don't want to say y'all are sounding like a bunch of old age whiny bi...... LOL :ROFLMAO::devilish:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
On a stock tune SC77? Probably.

On a tuned SC77, low rpm throttle tuning will more than make up for any drop in torque.
As it is in stock form the throttle body butterflies are barely open in 1st gear below 6,000rpm no matter how wide you crank the throttle which is the real reason for the lethargic response.

True, but remember in the fly by wire world the low speed low revs throttle behavior is already artificially nerfed which only adds to the result.
It is possible to mitigate this lethargic feeling simply by allowing what low end torque there is to be more readily accessed with throttle tuning.
You throttle by wire SC77 and newer guys definitely have an advantage and more tuning option s. IMO a smoother throttle response and power delivery is a greater benefit and more desirable than actual torque and HP numbers anyway

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Who doesn't like a little lope? Are you guys sport bikers or Camry drivers? :unsure:
I don't want to say y'all are sounding like a bunch of old age whiny bi...... LOL :ROFLMAO::devilish:

I like the lopey sound at idle. I think some are mistaking 'lopey' idle with rough idle due to off AFR, timing, and unrestricted airflow.

·
Registered
232 Posts
For what is worth it, I have 0 idle issues with a slip on, and I can't really say any loss of TQ is noticeable in low RPMs.
I am fully aware the slip on will not give any performance gains either. But that eye-sore canon is gone, and the shortie Scorpion I put on is, (it really is) 1.5LBs. That is about 6 LBs weight reduction. I am almost sure non-SP is NOT Titanium. I have to admit though, that huge canon is pretty light for its size, with the part of the pipe attached to it, about 7-8LBs

Reactions: 2015HRC

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I’m not an engineer, have not played one on TV, and have not stayed at a Holiday Inn recently. But it seems to me that with catalytic converters in place it’s hard to imagine that the exhaust needs any additional resistance to create more torque.
[...]
That's a really good point that the Cat is already slowing things down but the resistance of the Cat is fixed (I believe); whereas, the EXUP (or Honda calls it Exhaust Gas Ctrl Valve - EGCV) changes the geometry of the pipe dynamically based on the decision of the ECU (driven by firmware) to produce the correct Helmholtz Resonance.

At the end of the day, it takes effort (& money) for me to revert mine back to OEM muffler even though I'm purely a street rider only. And, there's nothing wrong with it right now. So, lots of resistance in me to change it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I like the lopey sound at idle. I think some are mistaking 'lopey' idle with rough idle due to off AFR, timing, and unrestricted airflow.
The Idle is pretty jumpy (lovey) ... are you sure there's no vacuum leak? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
When I bought my 2015 it was completely stock except some cheap slip on. It was basically just a 12 inch empty can. It was so loud I hated it but the bike idled like shit. Sounded like a super cammed up stock car. Constant idle searching (rpm' s jumping all over). It was like having no exhaust at all.
I now have aftermarket air filter and TM slip on with woolich autotune and it idles perfect. All was installed at the same time over the winter so I can't say what helped or hurt.
I think just a decent slip on won't cause much difference but I would get an ECU flash or tune even on a completely stock bike, especially on the SC77

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The Idle is pretty jumpy (lovey) ... are you sure there's no vacuum leak? :ROFLMAO:
No RC45's bike is loping. It still sounds smooth and consistent. It sounds good. When you hear a bike with idle search or rpm jumping you know it. Completely different

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
hmmm ... what is loping then? The term is new to me.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Loping is caused by the longer duration of valves opening as with a higher profile cam. It is a constant variation as where the rough idle or 'idle search' is a variation in rpm's at idle due to timing, not optimal AFR, and or lack of needed back pressure.
Do a web search of rough idle and then of a cammed car or bike. It may sound the same when hearing them alone but when you compare the two it's much different.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
My car lopes, so I don't mind if my bikes lope :)

Wow, that's sounds like Hans Zimmer's big drums composition, it's music to my ears. :ROFLMAO:
I was half expecting the Batman's theme song to emerge from the background.

Reactions: 2015HRC

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
The SC77 with a Ti Akra Evo has got to be one of the best sounding combos ever.

When I started it this morning to test a new iteration of the HRC Sprint tune, I just had to make a quick video.

For a factory standard motor build, these are some lopey cams... I love it!
And the SP/base model has even bigger cams so the sound is even meaner (y) :devilish:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The SC77 with a Ti Akra Evo has got to be one of the best sounding combos ever.

When I started it this morning to test a new iteration of the HRC Sprint tune, I just had to make a quick video.

For a factory standard motor build, these are some lopey cams... I love it!
And the SP/base model has even bigger cams so the sound is even meaner (y) :devilish:

Yeah that exhaust sounds good!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts