Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had any experience with the MIVV exhaust? good or bad, I'd like to hear it. I've watched vids on YouTube and it doesn't seem to be too loud lie some have said the SC and Akra gp is. I don't need an extremely loud exhaust, I just want one that sounds good, performs well and looks good at the same time. I'm not a huge fan of the low mount ones. Nothing wrong with them, they just are not my taste. would rather have one that mounts closer to where the stock one sits, but also without breaking the bank.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and pics would help, also.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,226 Posts
So, not only do you want your cake, you want to eat it too? Akrapovič kicks ass due to all the documents found on their website. I have an SC Project pipe on a Neo Sports Café, their installation instructions suck ass.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, not only do you want your cake, you want to eat it too? Akrapovič kicks ass due to all the documents found on their website. I have an SC Project pipe on a Neo Sports Café, their installation instructions suck ass.
I do like cake... :unsure: but in all seriousness, I really do like the Akra slip on (not the gp one, I think it's homologated) but for $1200 I could just go ahead and do the full system, which won't be very beneficial for the $ spent. and I don't mind it being a little loud, but another member on here already said the SC on his SP was loud enough to need ear plugs. don't want that either. I have found loads of info on the more popular slip ons, but strangely, no info on just how much people actually "like or dislike" them...
as for the info on Akra's website, OF COURSE their stuff kicks ass. I mean, if I were selling cookies, I would say the same. I was just trying to get some real world input from the actual consumers, not some paid spokesman on YouTube.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now see, that one sounds really nice, but how much different will that sound on a CBR vs a CB?

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,226 Posts
as for the info on Akra's website, OF COURSE their stuff kicks ass
I was specifically referring to the schematics and installation instructions with actual pics of the install on an actual bike. Go to SC Project's website and see if you can find ANY docs on a pipe you may be interested in.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,226 Posts
now see, that one sounds really nice, but how much different will that sound on a CBR vs a CB?
Depends on if it has a removable silencer and whether or not you remove it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very nice. Have you heard one in person? what does it sound like at full tilt? I like the growl the Graves has at idle and when blipping the throttle, but then again, a lot of them sound pretty good at idle.

·
Registered
388 Posts
very nice. Have you heard one in person? what does it sound like at full tilt? I like the growl the Graves has at idle and when blipping the throttle, but then again, a lot of them sound pretty good at idle.
Never heard the Graves Exhaust in person, but is my favorite in terms of looks, was looking at getting the Carbon Fiber version one day, don’t care for the shorty exhaust, like M4 and Yosh, think their a couple of people on this forum, that has the Graves Exhaust.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I ended up ordering the Leo Vince SIC58 LV-10 titanium. I happened upon a guy on a ‘17 cbr1000 while traveling to another town and he was cool enough to pull over and let me hear it up close. He even did a couple of half throttle fly by’s so I could grasp what it sounds like going down the road. So I made my choice.
Thank you ALL for your input. Can’t wait to get the ecu flash from Paul Kingsburg and let this girl loose.
89174630-45CF-4C0C-BE56-7F6E9636D41E.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 CBR1000RR, 2021 Ducati SF V4S
34 Posts
Well, I ended up ordering the Leo Vince SIC58 LV-10 titanium. I happened upon a guy on a ‘17 cbr1000 while traveling to another town and he was cool enough to pull over and let me hear it up close. He even did a couple of half throttle fly by’s so I could grasp what it sounds like going down the road. So I made my choice.
Thank you ALL for your input. Can’t wait to get the ecu flash from Paul Kingsburg and let this girl loose. View attachment 261916 View attachment 261916
Pics as soon as it's installed and would be nice to get a sound clip too! Congrats!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pics as soon as it's installed and would be nice to get a sound clip too! Congrats!
most definitely. that may take a bit since I still have to send the ecu to Paul to be flashed. been chatting with him lately to make I have everything ready for the "after flash" but I will probably be taking her apart here in the next couple of weeks. and I'll be sure to get a before and after sound clip.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts