Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Not sure what to do, I would like to do an exhaust, the stock 09 is a little....ya

I like the look of the undertail, What would add power as well as look cool and sound cool....

First bike, I've been reading about exhaust and can't seem to find anything specific.

Thanks

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
hey cap the 09 guys said it sounds better too!! if you put a couple taylor made stickers on it maybe you'll get a few more HP

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
on a real not rj i dont think you will find much in the department of looking real good that gives you real HP gains too im with justin on the taylormade looks the best if i had an 08/09 i would put it on mine but your not gonna get any HP gains out of it anywhere you would most likely notice. They have a dyno comparison of their system on their website ( www.racetaylormade.com ) where with the exhaust igniton module and PC pre mapped there are no differences anywhere along the curve from stock until you get to the top where it claims 12HP increase at the very and i mean very top...

·
Pro Member
1,512 Posts
on a real not rj i dont think you will find much in the department of looking real good that gives you real HP gains too im with justin on the taylormade looks the best if i had an 08/09 i would put it on mine but your not gonna get any HP gains out of it anywhere you would most likely notice. They have a dyno comparison of their system on their website ( www.racetaylormade.com ) where with the exhaust igniton module and PC pre mapped there are no differences anywhere along the curve from stock until you get to the top where it claims 12HP increase at the very and i mean very top...
+1, and as I've said before, if you're looking for real noticeable HP gains(not 2-3hp) you wouldn't be buying a slip-on. Slip-ons are for people wanting a different look and sound over stock and if you gain a couple hp out of it then that's a bonus.

·
Chief Chocolate Officer
1,148 Posts
The reason you don't get gains out of alip-on on the '08/'09 is becauss the stock exhaust is very good...nobody making a slip-on is seeing real gains...so singling out Taylormade is a bit ignorant in my opinion...:stirpot::th_SmlyROFL:

And let's be serious...first bike...you have no business seeking gains anyway since the bike already has too much HP for even us experienced riders to fully utilize...so looks and sound are a totally viable reason for you to mod the exhaust.

I have the Taylormade on my '08...and I love it... the sound is unique...the look is unchallenged...

You will get some small gains with a PCIII with the map already developed by DynoJet...but give yourself some time to get used to the wicked power of the bike before trying to mod for power.

My 2 cents...keep the change...RR

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
Get a crack pipe.

Better yet, take it to the track and hit that trak-pipe.

·
Pro Member
1,512 Posts
The reason you don't get gains out of alip-on on the '08/'09 is becauss the stock exhaust is very good...nobody making a slip-on is seeing real gains...so singling out Taylormade is a bit ignorant in my opinion...:stirpot::th_SmlyROFL:

And let's be serious...first bike...you have no business seeking gains anyway since the bike already has too much HP for even us experienced riders to fully utilize...so looks and sound are a totally viable reason for you to mod the exhaust.

I have the Taylormade on my '08...and I love it... the sound is unique...the look is unchallenged...

You will get some small gains with a PCIII with the map already developed by DynoJet...but give yourself some time to get used to the wicked power of the bike before trying to mod for power.

My 2 cents...keep the change...RR

+1

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not planning on doing any of this stuff for a little while, but nothing wrong with having a plan..

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
how about this i know you should do

ride the bike for 3 months without touching a thing

you'll find you want brake lines and new tires long long before you need a pipe

if you find that you cant use more brakes or more grip...then you not riding it to a point where you need more HP

·
Registered
106 Posts
Go to the akrapovic website and look at the full exhaust not the slip it adds a good amount of power. If remeber correctly it says that the full system adds 10-15hp.

·
~~~~~~~~~~~
4,957 Posts
Go to the akrapovic website and look at the full exhaust not the slip it adds a good amount of power. If remeber correctly it says that the full system adds 10-15hp.
:signs006:

According to Akrapovic, their full system adds less than 5 rwhp anywhere and less than 4 rwhp at 12,300 rpm (on a SuperFlow dyno).

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
+1 on riding the bike and getting a feel for things before you start modding it up...take your time research and read up on everything your considering changing so u can make the right decision.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts