Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Very nice! Are they custom paint or did you buy the fairings from somewhere pre-painted?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I convert my 05 to the 07 fairings too!!! i bet you had fun with the ECU and coolant tank buddy?

Where did u move the ECU?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I plan on doing the same thing. I'm about to order the fairing set. Is that all you had to change was the overflow and radiator? what was the reason for putting the newer radiator on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan on doing the same thing. I'm about to order the fairing set. Is that all you had to change was the overflow and radiator? what was the reason for putting the newer radiator on?
Radiator 2004 model is wider and longer on the bottom :th_down: , if not what changes will have to cut down fairings.
Greetings

·
Registered
20 Posts
i an thinking about converting my 04 into 06-07 fairings. does anyone know what do i need to do?

·
Workin on it..
102 Posts
I am doing mine now....

Got it back w/o fairings etc...

Started fitting the new fairings to the 05 frame...

Got more into it, had to trim out some material to made them fit...

Mocked it up and bolted it on...

Stipped it back down and starting to finish up the polish job on the frame and wheels...

I'll try to keep it updated!

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
^ You're going to have to move the wiring harness above the coolant hose. The bodywork is slimmer and wants to be where the wiring is.

Did you get an 07 radiator? You can keep the 05 radiator with some very minor trimming to the lower.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts