Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
If they are OEM, I think the going rate is $500-$1000...depending on condition/shipping charges. You have to contend with people buying aftermarket fairings for $500 brand new though..

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was thinking of fitting the 06/07 fairing to mine but after reading the extent of work require I think it's too much for me..... It look brill tho...well done on the mod.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have yet to actually post pictures of my swap, but I did it in about 4 hours. To be honest...the hardest part for me was trying to fit the tail section. I did not have a write up or anything, so I fought and fought it hoping it would not crack going on:th_down:. In the end, everything turned out well...the only modification I actually made was a relocated/smaller coolant overflow bottle

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have yet to actually post pictures of my swap, but I did it in about 4 hours. To be honest...the hardest part for me was trying to fit the tail section. I did not have a write up or anything, so I fought and fought it hoping it would not crack going on:th_down:. In the end, everything turned out well...the only modification I actually made was a relocated/smaller coolant overflow bottle
Do you have a pic of where you mounted the bottle?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im currently working on my 05 to 06-07 swap. I have the 07 radiator and brackets, HRC overflow and obviously 06 07 fairings. Im curious to the ECU issue. Some of you say you didnt relocate and some did. Whats up with that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im currently working on my 05 to 06-07 swap. I have the 07 radiator and brackets, HRC overflow and obviously 06 07 fairings. Im curious to the ECU issue. Some of you say you didnt relocate and some did. Whats up with that?
Im about to do the swap myself and Ive done some research.

It seems, from what I read, that most ppl leave the ECU on the orig place, they just move the harness.

It may have to do with the 06-07 overflow bottle, which is located in this place, where the 04-05 ECU is.

I was wondering if ill relocate the ECU aswell and get the 06-07 bottle, but from what I read, Its too mutch hassel relocating it. Im gonna go with custom overflow bottle and put it where there's space.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine came out pretty good with out relocating the ecu I had to move the wires down a little but it fit well without having to add wire to the harness I have the 05 radiotor on my bike fairings hug pretty close to it so I'm probably gonna switch it out with the 06 or 07 radiator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine came out pretty good with out relocating the ecu I had to move the wires down a little but it fit well without having to add wire to the harness I have the 05 radiotor on my bike fairings hug pretty close to it so I'm probably gonna switch it out with the 06 or 07 radiator
Where did you put the ECU, at the Airbox?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the fairings are on now. Ordered from Moto777.

I did not move the ECU, and the overflow bottle is a plastic bottle covered in with a heatshield.

Overall, the fairings where ok painted and the fitting took time but they fitted nice.

Idont know if this Moto777 has different lowers becouse I didnt have to to trim anything. The only parts that didnt fit were the two middel-innerpanels.
At the bottom (2-3 inch) they didnt fit against the radiator.

Before

After

·
Registered
16 Posts
so, im also in the works of doing the swap to the 06-07 fairings and am just piecing a fairing set off eBay and forums. I have everything but the nose cone and was wondering if the inner panels and lower piece that connects them to the lower fairings is the same between the 04s and 06s. Sorry for the wording not sure of exact names, thank you for any help if i can save a few bucks

41 - 57 of 57 Posts