Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd be curious to see what aftermarket fairings are being used. Post your pics, what brand, how they fit and cost if you don't mind,
I've posted my photos before, but I'll start it out anyway....
Auctmarts, good fit, nice selection, good paint, very complete set, around $500 shipped.
As they came....

After I added some decals....

·
Registered
516 Posts
This is the first time I replaced the fairings for my 2005 CBR1000RR.
Vendor: AuctMart
Cost : $420 (Surface mail) - took slightly more than 2 months

I'd consider airmail the next time around.

·
BOTM Moderator
363 Posts
This is mine. Another Auctmart. It's matte black with gold lettering.

You can see the melted part, dangling right in front of the stand.

·
Registered
516 Posts
This is mine. Another Auctmart. It's matte black with gold lettering.

You can see the melted part, dangling right in front of the stand.
The Matte Black made it look like SC77 model. Very cool looking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've posted these before, as well. This is an '06, fairings were purchased from iFairings for about $600. They fit much better than the Auctmarts fairings I've used in the past (had the exact same set as Bosston above, actually).

What I really liked about these is they came with all the OEM decals. Fitment was 99% spot on, and I had no issues with the lower fairings melting. The auctmarts set I had sat about 1/4 inch away from the headers, these were closer to a full inch away.

·
BOTM Moderator
363 Posts
@sketterman
A big WOW. these are almost identical to the OEMs.

Auctmart has a black on red, but the decals/lines are not like the OEM.
I was thinking of getting the tri color one from Auctmart, but now have to rethink

Excellent thread @mountain CBR, collecting all the pictures and feedback for fairings in one place.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Bosston....I'm liking this.
sketterman.....Those look great!! I've been looking at the iFairings....good feedback, may have to try them sometime.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Bosston....I'm liking this.
sketterman.....Those look great!! I've been looking at the iFairings....good feedback, may have to try them sometime.
Thanks, though I sadly no longer have this bike :confused:.

If you are looking for aftermarket fairings I would definitely consider iFairings. You will pay $100-$150 more per set vs Auctmarts but again, I've used both, and the extra $$$ for these are worth it IMO.

But then again, I've seen examples over the years of folks using Auctmarts and having near perfect results, so I guess you never know. Maybe I just have bad luck :unsure:

In any case, all the Ebay options are a steal compared to buying the OEM fairings, and I think a lot of the vendors will let you submit your own custom designs as well, which is a cool option. It all boils down to how much you are willing to spend. Best of luck, and be sure to share your results after you get them installed (y)

Shaun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts