Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
anyone can tell me about an installation guide for the fairings? I removed them to have them painted and putting them back on don't seem to be as easy as removing them.
Help please....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sliding the side fairings into the top cowl is a pain in the ass, also the screws dont always go right in so pull the fairing away slightly and give the bolts a little play to go in... take your time and it should go together pretty quick

·
Registered
33 Posts
I always close my eyes and pray when putting the rear fairing/cowl back on. You have to pull and spread it to make it slide back on. I read somewhere about sitting them in the sun for a while to warm up, makes the plastics easier to handle and put on.

Take your time and don't tighten any one bolt until everything is in place, than go back and through and tighten each bolt up good.

·
Registered
323 Posts
No magic.. They just suck!!!
Take your time, don't force anything and don't tighten any bolts until all the parts are installed and all the bolts are started!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am installing all new Auctmarts next week. How long does it take, couple hours? Keep in mind I have done it before on other bikes so I should get along pretty good.

·
"I love lamp."
1,063 Posts
I am installing all new Auctmarts next week. How long does it take, couple hours? Keep in mind I have done it before on other bikes so I should get along pretty good.
My buddy put a set on his '07 GSXR 750, and they fit fairly well. It took him 5 hours but they turned out really nice for a $500 fairing kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it's not a good subject but I must ask because I'm a bit confused with which bolts and which plastic rivets go where on my 05 CBR 1000 RR I got it with most of the fairing missing so I bought all new and they gave me a big bag of mixed fasteners clips and washers can someone please tell me they have a diagram of what goes where that I can see or download I can't find anything that shows the exact bolt and screw placement! Thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts