Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m willing to buy a second hand dainese jacket, but i just need help to make sure if its original or fake ?! Whats this model name
A333BBEE-E874-4C9F-A1FE-C741F4E5A390.jpeg
AF64C539-7B05-431C-A3CD-6118FC93B81C.jpeg
B971CCFE-463F-42D4-AE44-C9B3F6109208.jpeg
8B36DF13-60C7-4CBF-AF61-034A762810DA.jpeg
thanks in advance, stay safe people !

·
Registered
970 Posts
Why would you have a concern it's fake?
I mean it has the manufacturer label in it. The number you have your finger on in the picture I believe is the EU size not the model number

·
Registered
74 Posts
I mean aside from it looking like it’s old, It seems pretty legit to me (labels are in place and look just like my Dainese Street Darker jacket)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
I mean it has the manufacturer label in it. . .
So do thousands of handbags, clothes, sporting equipment and even helmets, sold across the world by scammers.

I certainly think it's fair and reasonable to check the authenticity of an item that we're buying with passion. For true peace of mind, I think @Elmanadily should bang an email and pics to Dainese direct:

·
Registered
970 Posts
I think a leather riding jacket is a bit different than buying a hand bag at an absurd price just for the name alone.
Even if the jacket was a fake it is still obviously leather which is the sole purpose of the jacket to begin with..... Crash protection. Besides the manufacturers tags are in several places as well as embroidered on the back of the jacket which can't be cheap or easy to fake well.
It's used so why fake a used jacket that can't be going for much money anyway. Maybe I'm wrong and there is a huge market for knock off second hand riding jackets, in that case why risk it and waste the time on doing detective work and just go buy a legit one from an authorized dealer and buy within your budget.
If it's on eBay, Amazon, or any of the many other sites they have buyer protection as does paying with PayPal so I don't see the risk or concern

·
Registered
550 Posts
If it’s legit, it looks like it’s used on daily basis for general purpose/washed/worn by oversized person. The area near neck doesn’t look crisp, zipper doesn’t look crisp, openings for the pockets don’t look crisps/straight.

·
Registered
163 Posts
For $50 I'd buy it. Anything more, I'd pass. Unless you're really into the vintage/shabby-chic look.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mean it has the manufacturer label in it. The number you have your finger on in the picture I believe is the EU size not the model number
well everything now adays has the manufacturer labels and all and its fake.....replicas everywhere watches, phones, etc

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mean aside from it looking like it’s old, It seems pretty legit to me (labels are in place and look just like my Dainese Street Darker jacket)

The issue with me is the color i kinda can’t find this color scheme anywhere on internet, does the street darker has this color ?! And hows the jacket standing up with you ?!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So do thousands of handbags, clothes, sporting equipment and even helmets, sold across the world by scammers.

I certainly think it's fair and reasonable to check the authenticity of an item that we're buying with passion. For true peace of mind, I think @Elmanadily should bang an email and pics to Dainese direct:
Done i sent them an email and im waiting for the reply, as soon as i receive it ill be telling you :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think a leather riding jacket is a bit different than buying a hand bag at an absurd price just for the name alone.
Even if the jacket was a fake it is still obviously leather which is the sole purpose of the jacket to begin with..... Crash protection. Besides the manufacturers tags are in several places as well as embroidered on the back of the jacket which can't be cheap or easy to fake well.
It's used so why fake a used jacket that can't be going for much money anyway. Maybe I'm wrong and there is a huge market for knock off second hand riding jackets, in that case why risk it and waste the time on doing detective work and just go buy a legit one from an authorized dealer and buy within your budget.
If it's on eBay, Amazon, or any of the many other sites they have buyer protection as does paying with PayPal so I don't see the risk or concern
I see your point, and its going for some money also but ill see if i can get a good deal with the owner, but before that i just wanted to make sure of the authenticity of the product, thanks for your comment

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it’s legit, it looks like it’s used on daily basis for general purpose/washed/worn by oversized person. The area near neck doesn’t look crisp, zipper doesn’t look crisp, openings for the pockets don’t look crisps/straight.

Is there a way to make them look somehow crisp again or it will be difficult

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is there a way to make them look somehow crisp again or it will be difficult
Well, erm, there is Botox, but I'm not sure it works on leather jackets! :ROFLMAO: ;)

Seriously though, once the grain is creased, it will always remain the same. Think of shoes, same thing.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Well, if that is the case, might as well knowingly buy a fake one for cheap. No, not all leather is the same, and the protection used in a knock off could very well be hard pieces of plastic. Paying a premium for a brand name MC jacket is because you trust the protection is there, otherwise, why not get an copy anyway?

·
Registered
550 Posts
That neck will most likely bother you if you are going to plan to wear it on a motorcycle with full face helmet because it will rub on your helmet in the front where that material is sticking out every time you turn your head and for some reason it seems too high at the back. personally don’t think it’s legit motorcycle jacket because that neck line should have been lower at the back. Maybe it’s built for half helmets only...

·
Registered
242 Posts
That neck will most likely bother you especially in the front if you are going to plan to wear it on a motorcycle because it will rub on your helmet in the front where that material is sticking out every time you turn your head and for some reason it seems too high at the back. personally don’t think it’s legit motorcycle jacket because that neck line should have been lower at the back.

Excellent observation.

I can relate to that because I did purchase an al cheapo Pakistani jacket once, and that was high in the neck at the back. Consequence was it tipped my helmet forward so I was forever pushing the helmet up so that I could see. I ended up having the collar cut at a local leather shop.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Padded leather shoulders. jacket looks rather old. With a nice SP you deserve a trip to your local Dainese store :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts