Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all i really hope that there is some one that can assist me with this prob... i do have a fault indication on my honda cbr 1000 rr 2005 model when ever i switch my ignition on and wait about 4 tot 5 seconds then i get 3 slow flashes and after the 3 flashes it immediately start with 4 fast flahes can someone pleasy help me

·
Registered
157 Posts
That means fault code 34. Long is 10. Short is 1. I knew Honda did this on cars, but didn't know about bikes.

Google CBR1000RR fault code 34, or wait for someone that can give more info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thanx mate the problem is i tried to google fault code 34 but they dont say much about the fault code

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm not sure. I Googled it and the first result said it's the EGCV servo motor. Could be stuck, broken, wiring damaged, or maybe it'll throw the code if it's unplugged. I'm not sure where it is, but it should be in the exhaust system somewhere.

Someone here might know where it's at exactly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The bike operates normally correct??. Code 34 is exhaust gas control valve. The system controls the flow of gases through the exhaust system using a butterfly valve which is cable actuated from a servo motor controlled by the ECM. Under left side fairing panel , unscrew the 2 bolts on exhaust control valve cover . You will then see the cables . Check to see if there loose or pinched . There is an index ( notch line on the side. ) and a notch line on the wheel where the cables wrap around. They have too be aligned or it will throw code. If not aligned cables need adjusting. If need adjusting fully slacken the lock nuts on the spring loaded lower cable. Slacken the nuts HOLDING the adjuster on the upper cable and turn them to align index lines. Then tighten lock nut. . This is straight out of my Haynes manual. If u need pictures let me know I will post them. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts