Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I said goodbye to Honda after 16 years of riding Honda (the one I traded in was my 3 Honda over those years). This brand new leftover ZX10R ABS is pretty nice for the price and features and most of all it is lighter than (or feel lighter to me stock). I had a few Honda aftermarket parts on it that I will be posting in the for sale section.
I want to thank all those members that I talked to and sought help over the years. THANK YOU. Even though I got the Kawi, I will still be logging in here from time to time to see what is new. See you guys around.
msk

·
Registered
31 Posts

Hurry - Lets talk crap about him!

JK, congrats on the new ride. Kawi makes a great bike. One of the ones I miss the most was my ZX14R but the ZX10R I had was nothing to laugh at. They are truly a very underrated bike with a lot of great features.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL Thank you, guys. It was one of those moments that you are sad and happy at the same time. I liked the Honda and tried to trade in for the newer model but the price was just too much and of course the lowballing from the local dealers was incredible. So I found a dealer in Searcy Arkansas and drove 300 miles to pick up this one. They not only give me a good trade-in on my bike but this one was on sale and no fee crap. They quoted me an out-the-door price and that was it. I have to pay the sales tax here in OK.

·
Registered
60 Posts
LOL Thank you, guys. It was one of those moments that you are sad and happy at the same time. I liked the Honda and tried to trade in for the newer model but the price was just too much and of course the lowballing from the local dealers was incredible. So I found a dealer in Searcy Arkansas and drove 300 miles to pick up this one. They not only give me a good trade-in on my bike but this one was on sale and no fee crap. They quoted me an out-the-door price and that was it. I have to pay the sales tax here in OK.
Completely understand that. 90% of my vehicle purchases have been made while I'm out of the country, so I contact their sales and expect a response to my questions. I understand why a lot of them are hesitant to give the "out-the-door" price, but if they aren't willing to do it I will take my business to someone that will. Almost all of my purchases have been out of state because I'm willing to drive a few hours for a better deal and experience.

Congrats on the new bike. Can't blame you -- I was going to look at other manufacturers if Honda didn't attempt to catch up with the competition.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You JA-SP. I had picked up a 2018 leftover and the price was right but the dealer would not do trade-in and was low-balling me. Then another BMW dealer changed its price on the S1000R HP while we were negotiating, He has not sold that bike and that was 2 months ago. So this bike is a lighter and beautiful in color.

·
Registered
118 Posts
. . . Can't blame you -- I was going to look at other manufacturers if Honda didn't attempt to catch up with the competition.
Ditto. I almost had my butt on a new R1M, but chose to wait a fortnight for the Honda release. Glad I did.

Given present price structures, I can understand people moving to other brands. Best wishes for the newy @msk .

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank You nigelrb. now i am fighting with Insurance company. Those fu&^% have double my premium. Insurance is a scam

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bevo. Does it whillie? I dont know, I have not ridden it yet. LOL. It has 3 power modes. 60%, 80 and 100. If/when I do the ECU Flash, I heard that it becomes a beast.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know right! I have a clean record and I have my house my cars, with this company and these guys always try to stick it to me. I told the lady that I am not accepting that high a cost. I need to talk to the owner/agent himself. He is usually reasonable. we will see.

·
Hook 'em!
2,560 Posts
Bevo. Does it whillie? I dont know, I have not ridden it yet. LOL. It has 3 power modes. 60%, 80 and 100. If/when I do the ECU Flash, I heard that it becomes a beast.
Post pics of your beast wheelies when you get them

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thank You nigelrb. now i am fighting with Insurance company. Those fu&^% have double my premium. Insurance is a scam
No different in UK. Insurance is almost a lottery. I try to stay with one company, but when the shafting starts, if it's not resolved I'll move. Like you, if you speak to the top honcho and plead your case, we usually win. Remember, many of the 'customer service agents' are on commission!! ;)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Camman. I used to move the other bike around in my garage and that 2012 1K RR felt heavy. This one did not. It was a gut feeling only.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats on the bike. I love the 5th gen zx10 but are you sure it's lighter I don't think so.
Congrats. I would own one if dealer had it in the KRT edition and not black last year. It looks awful in black. :LOL: As for the weight... it is about 452LBS, so quite more than the 17’ + CBR.
I rode the standard 19’ and a 18’ SE version for 2.5 weeks. It is a considerably faster bike stock than the CBR.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have been reading up on this bike on various Kawasaki forums and this one is a serious machine. Many are recommending to flash the ECU to wake the beast in this bike. I tried to get the 18KRR but the dealer would not give me a decent price for my bike. I tried three different dealers, so this one went OK. I have not ridden the bike yet LOL. I am swamped at work and I cannot get out of the office till dark.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts