Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Never understood how people can go from the most reliable to the most unreliable brand out there. At least Yamaha makes a decent bike but kawi? Ouch.
Never understood how people buy Honda outside a flash sale, when they demand the same price or higher than the competition with half the features. And we are not talking sport bikes only. The fat pig CB1100 is a prime example, especially in its previous gen. About 80lbs heavier than anything else, 30HP less than the competition, tubed wheels, air cooled, 5 speed, 150 rear tire, 0 modes and traction control, no suspension adjustability, smallest front disks on the porker, $3k more than the competition. Pretty much all Honda models fall under this when compared to the rest. Always the last to innovate. And some very bottom shelf components outside the engine.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts

·
Can't Spell
329 Posts
Never understood how people buy Honda outside a flash sale, when they demand the same price or higher than the competition with half the features. And we are not talking sport bikes only. The fat pig CB1100 is a prime example, especially in its previous gen.
Looking at sales for the CB1100, people do not buy them lol.
As for features, I and most people when buying a sportbike don't give a crap about features. They want HP and looks. BMW did so well with the first gen S1000 not because the electronics made it fast around a track, but the engine made it fast as shit on the straits and all the bro's could outrun the other bro's on freeway races.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Never understood how people can go from the most reliable to the most unreliable brand out there. At least Yamaha makes a decent bike but kawi? Ouch.
Well, that's a bunch of crap generalizing...

What about that '08 CBR??

How about all of the ZX-14's going 100K+ miles? Not to mention, Concours, Vulcan, Versys, etc...

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Motoman: You got it right. I had three or 4 hondas before also. On all my 1KRRs, the smell of exhaust on the back of my jackets is still there. I don't smell anything when I fire up the ZX10R. I find it lighter to ride and more agile. 180 miles so far.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
"The word 'Ninja' means automatic 100% surcharge... 🤬 " You are correct again. My record is squeaky clean and I have not filed any auto or home claims in as long as I remember, but they would not give me group discount because this bike is high HP and BS like that. They are now asking me to provide them if I ever took the MSF course certificate. I took that course 20 years ago.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, I will say that you are abandoning Honda just as they seem to be bringing out some competitive liter bikes... It seems like the Japanese brands take turns leading the pack... Yamaha kind of owned the 90's with the R1, then Suzuki took over with the GSXR's, then Kawi with the Ninja, and now it might be Honda's turn this decade...

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
That seems to be true. I tried to get another Honda but the local dealers would not deal. I even tired all dealers in 300 miles radius. I will ride this one for a couple of years and then trade it in again. Brand loyalty is a thing of the past. I have a limited budget and I have another garage ornament (according to my real boss) my Z.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Motoman: You got it right. I had three or 4 hondas before also. On all my 1KRRs, the smell of exhaust on the back of my jackets is still there. I don't smell anything when I fire up the ZX10R. I find it lighter to ride and more agile. 180 miles so far.
On the last comment, and having a ZX10R for 2.5 weeks, it’s a no. Those 20+ LBs on the Z do show. You need to ride a 17+.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That seems to be true. I tried to get another Honda but the local dealers would not deal. I even tired all dealers in 300 miles radius. I will ride this one for a couple of years and then trade it in again. Brand loyalty is a thing of the past. I have a limited budget and I have another garage ornament (according to my real boss) my Z.
I am with you, brand loyalty to a point. Price is king. I am surpprised there were no deals on a 17 CBR. Here it was the cheapest, all things considered, thing on site! 9.9K. Cheaper that all, also old stock, 600cc's (with the excpeption of the ZX6R) and 750 GSXR's, let alone all liter bikes.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Evangelos. You may be correct as I have not ridden the 2017 CBR so Ii cannot comment. I was looking for 2018 or 2019. The dealer just would not give me a good price on my trade-in, otherwise, I would have stayed with Honda. now I have two Honda Jackets that I cannot wear on a Kawi LOL.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sure you ca
Evangelos. You may be correct as I have not ridden the 2017 CBR so Ii cannot comment. I was looking for 2018 or 2019. The dealer just would not give me a good price on my trade-in, otherwise, I would have stayed with Honda. now I have two Honda Jackets that I cannot wear on a Kawi LOL.
Sure you can! I would. I wear my jackets with Triumph patches on my other bikes, and have BMW patches on another I wear, but no BMW anymore...

·
Registered
118 Posts
. . . I wear my jackets with Triumph patches on my other bikes, and have BMW patches on another I wear, but no BMW anymore...
Eek! No way.

That would be like me wearing a Repsol jacket on my Triumph Daytona. Some things just SHOULDN'T be done! :eek: (y)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Eek! No way.

That would be like me wearing a Repsol jacket on my Triumph Daytona. Some things just SHOULDN'T be done! :eek: (y)
You should and I would. If nothing else, for (certain kind of) people to open their mouths and comment. What matters to me is actually owning the bikes. I ain’t a brand fan, I’m all brands fan as long as they make bikes... (No HD!)

·
Registered
118 Posts
. . . I ain’t a brand fan, I’m all brands fan as long as they make bikes... (No HD!)
I'm exactly the same. 9 Hondas an MV and the new Triumph Daytona, also no HD!!

I put the matching jacket and helmet issue down to serious OCD.:eek: (y)

41 - 58 of 58 Posts