Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 1 - Removed front reflectors. Remove the 4 bolts for the front fender, reflector slides right out. The reflector is attached to a sleeve for one of the bolts - you can replace the bolt without the sleeve, but I'd recommend getting a new sleeve or cutting the reflector off so you can re-use the stock sleeve.

Yesterday - Actually tore into the tail section. It wasn't really that difficult to remove, just a little unnerving - you have to pull and bend a little to get the tail off. I wanted to remove the rear reflectors, but removing them also removes the tie-down prongs under the tail. I wasn't sure if I wanted to give those up, so I just unbolted the reflectors from their mounts, and bent the mounts in.

While I was at it, I decided to remove the entire stock mudflap. The whole thing comes off pretty easily, while leaving the turn signal mounts behind. I was able to put the signals back on, and attach the plate to where the rear reflector/license plate light would normally mount. It looks a lot cleaner/leaner. Pics on the way.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yeah, I made sure to pull the stickers off right away on this one. I left the swingarm stickers on my 929 for I think two seasons before I pulled them off. When I did, there were different colored rectangles where they used to be, from years cleaning I guess. No matter what I used on it, they never went away.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I was thinking it may be possible to use the rear reflector mounts as mounts for short stalk turn signals?? Would probably need to drill the hole a bit larger, looks like it may be a decent location...that's if the eliminator kits attaches to the pipe, leaving no where to put the signals. What do you think??

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thorn92 said:
I was thinking it may be possible to use the rear reflector mounts as mounts for short stalk turn signals?? Would probably need to drill the hole a bit larger, looks like it may be a decent location...that's if the eliminator kits attaches to the pipe, leaving no where to put the signals. What do you think??
Good idea. The wiring harness for the signals is on the left side of the tail section, so you'd have to run the right turn signal wire over to that side somehow... (not under the pipe, maybe through the trunk?)

·
Registered
356 Posts
theJrod said:
While I was at it, I decided to remove the entire stock mudflap. The whole thing comes off pretty easily, while leaving the turn signal mounts behind. I was able to put the signals back on, and attach the plate to where the rear reflector/license plate light would normally mount. It looks a lot cleaner/leaner. Pics on the way.
Did you have to cut the mudflap off or is it a 2 piece from the turn signals?
Need pic of it, Please!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks! I'll have to try that. If I could only ride it one time without getting caught in the rain, I can spend time tinkering with it, instead of washing and waxing it.

"It never rains in Sothern California"" My A$$

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.