Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
adrnocrome said:
I may be slow in noticing this, but the CBR1000RR at the top of page changes each time you go into a different thread or each time you refresh the homepage. This is cool.

Has it been this way from the start?
As far as I know it's been that way from the start. The problem I'm having is none of the pictures are showing up now. just the white box with a red X in it. What's going on?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would like to make one request. If anyone posts another picture like Big Rome did, it better be of the female variety(clothes optional). I have not noticed the bike changing at the top of the page though, it's always black from what I have noticed.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sub said:
I would like to make one request. If anyone posts another picture like Big Rome did, it better be of the female variety(clothes optional). I have not noticed the bike changing at the top of the page though, it's always black from what I have noticed.
I second that! On or off of the bike is a good option too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
adrnocrome said:
Well I guess I am slow, but at least the homepage has returned to the normal size.

Regarding your problems with pictures, I am not experiencing that problem.
I don't get it. When I used the silver background I can see the menu such as Home-Forums-FAQ-RULES etc. When I use the Red I don't see them. And pictures are not showing up for me? This only happens on this website. Every other website is fine?????? I dunno?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Molsonman said:
adrnocrome said:
Well I guess I am slow, but at least the homepage has returned to the normal size.

I don't get it. When I used the silver background I can see the menu such as Home-Forums-FAQ-RULES etc. When I use the Red I don't see them. And pictures are not showing up for me? This only happens on this website. Every other website is fine?????? I dunno?
That's wierd, I've been using the red for sometime now with no problems. I don't think it's possible for the font to be red like the bar is, on just your computer, otherwise I would say check that. Still wouldn't explain the pics though. That's a bummer, cause the red is pretty schnazzy. :D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Molsonman said:
adrnocrome said:

hmmmm - that's the first time I've heard that. I use red also and see everything just fine - you light try clearing your cache but you should be able to see everything just fine.

·
Registered
538 Posts
JetBlast10 said:
Molsonman said:
adrnocrome said:

hmmmm - that's the first time I've heard that. I use red also and see everything just fine - you light try clearing your cache but you should be able to see everything just fine.
Yea I cleared the cache. I dunno???? It worked fine before on both red and silver screens??? Just started like 2 days ago. I can't see anyone's pic or the smileys just boxes with red X's???? I sure hope this isn't a sign that I'm not gonna get my bike next weekend...........

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
I am having the exact same problem. It doesn't matter if I'm on the red or silver background. No .gifs at all are showing up.

Maybe everyone elses cache isn't cleared and you all are still seing everything okay, but I think there's a definite problem with the forum. This is more than coincidence.

Jetblast, can you check on this for us please?

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
I found the problem here. I'm 99% sure you have Norton Internet Security. I think we both had automatic Liveupdates on the same day. That update blocks all the .gifs on this page, most likely because the files are stored in a folder that has a key word that is blocked, such as "ad", "popup", or "banner". I haven't figured out which word it is because I don't have that kind of access to the forum root files. This happened to me once before and I was able to convince the webmaster to change the folder name, hence giving Norton no reason to block the files. I haven't tried it yet, but what you might be able to do is disable Norton, go to each page and refresh it. This will put the files into your cache. Now turn Norton back on and it *may* show the .gifs again.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Thanks for the help troubleshooting Greg!

I know what's wrong now and will work on it from the office where I can use 2 different machines and IP's - everything should be appearing fine right now - please let me know if it isn't.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.