Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! My name is Scott and I have just recently purchased a 2017 CBR1000RR. I am quite excited to finally complete my Honda Circle. I've owned several Honda's and Acura's in the past, currently my daily is a 2012 Honda CR-V. (Hence the name) I am on the CR-V forums as well. My last motorcycle was a 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750. I rode my GSX-R for 4 years and put 18,000 miles on it. I learned a great deal about motorcycles and about myself while on that bike. I am really looking forward to developing my riding skills and my knowledge of motorcycles now that I own a Honda. The Honda CBR1000RR is lore to me. The stories, the youtube reviews, the MotoGP podiums, the history is something I love. If you are around the Northern Virginia area please hit me up! I'd love to go for a ride!

Scott

·
Registered
591 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will love the CBR. FYI in case you don't know once you get used to the power and want a little more, a tune wakes the bike up a lot due to the ETV restrictions (y).
Enjoy the CBR.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,089 Posts
Welcome to Team Honda, Scott! Congrats on buying arguably the best generation for the street n track. ;)

Btw I too had an 07-750 from new, it was a fun moto, but this SC77 is worlds better all-around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will love the CBR. FYI in case you don't know once you get used to the power and want a little more, a tune wakes the bike up a lot due to the ETV restrictions (y).
Enjoy the CBR.
Thank

thank you for the warm welcome. I am really excited about working on it. Suzuki terminology is a bit different than Honda’s so you may need to explain what ETV means. But yes I have heard the USDM cbr1000rr is severely restricted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to Team Honda, Scott! Congrats on buying arguably the best generation for the street n track. ;)

Btw I too had an 07-750 from new, it was a fun moto, but this SC77 is worlds better all-around.
yes I missed my gsxr 750 very much but I’ve always wanted a CBR and an opportunity presented itself that couldn’t be turned down!
😀

1 - 8 of 8 Posts