Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone else that occasionally rides a wife/girlfriend/boyfriend? (On the bike mind you...)

Went to check out the new R1 the other day at the dealership, she jumped on the back to check out the view. Two seconds later she's like "Yeah, you're soooooo not getting this bike". Asking why (Not that I really wanted the Yammie anyway) she tells me it was really uncomfortable. The ass end of the bike is so wide that when her feet are on the rear pegs, the bodywork actually digs into her ankle/shins. She also said she felt too "Perched", like she was really high and far away from me.

She didn't go to the Chicago show with me, so I'm hoping there are not similiar issues on the new 1000RR. Does anyone else have firsthand knowledge of this?

For anyone who's going to say "Well, it's a racebike, who cares about the backseat", you obviously havn't met a woman who loves riding as much as you. She's got her own bike mind you, but sometimes it's nice taking a ride together (Like 2 days at Road America... man that was awesome), so these things get considered.

Besides, who doesn't like cruising around sometimes with a girl who is definately "On the wind!?"
Sorry, had to say that. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, it's an ongoing joke on another forum that originated from here - http://cbrworld.net.r.m6.net/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=10256

·
Registered
526 Posts
As Stark, late of motorcyclist mag. put it, "since I'm too nice to let my girlfriend ride with me, I replaced the rear seat with a cowl."
I dont know of a single supersport pillion that I would feel comfortable on.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, have you ever tried riding on the back? I gave it a whirl once. I don't know how the hell girls put up with that. She never complained about the 929, but the R1 was an immediate "Nope".

·
Registered
128 Posts
That stinks about the 2 up comfort on the R1. That of course is an issue for a lot of people. I do a lot of 2 up with the gf on my 600RR and she has not complained at all. You're gonna have to have her sit on the 1000RR to see what she thinks of that. She did you a favor though cause now you can get the HONDA!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.