Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on a tool share program for members on this site?
My example would be tools we all buy to use once (or maybe a few times ever). Examples would be anything from fork cap wrench, clip on alignment tool, cam chain holder, you get the idea.
Obviously it's a program based on trust but I've had so many good experiences dealing with members here I'd be willing to risk the loss of a tool to help others out.

My thoughts would be something like this.:
Start a section for tools. Guys can list what they are needing to use or have to offer up for use
User pays shipping (or small rental fee, maybe even refundable deposit. Can be worked out between parties) owner mails him the tool to use.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Great idea for those in the same country.

Whilst many of us acquire all our need along the way, there is always the possibility of something cropping up that might be expensive for infrequent use. The high value torque wrench AND 36mm socket for recent axle nuts (120NM) comes to mind. The only problem in this instance would be shipping costs. This though, would be an exception to the rule.(y)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Ive been buying the needed tools as I come across a job but I now have hundreds of dollars worth of tools that I will rarely if ever use again. Anyone ever done a fork service themselves knows all the specialty tools needed are how often will you use them? They could easily be shared with others between services. Most are cheap enough to share with other members and be comfortable with the risk of loss, for me anyway.

Torgue wrench you are on your own. I have $600 worth of them, not sending a $250 wrench to anyone on faith but a fork seal install tool, fork cap socket, caliper piston removal tool, cam chain tensioner key, etc would be something not everyone would/could afford to buy but makes the job a lot easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts