1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Moriwaki...
Already have mine. Very high quality. $100. Order through your dealer or Big Valley Honda...775-322-4311
They have street or race with the race being shorter.
Havent put them in yet, all my free time has been riding my baby.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Nope, sorry. Any solid mount point on this bike is covered by plastic. It's really not that big of deal. Just take your time and it will come out clean. If you end up ordering a set, let me know and I'll give you some tips.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It looks like there is a mount that could incorporate a bracketed frame slider, like those used on the R6 - no cutting would be required.
If nobody makes them like this, I might have to get something machined.

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Evolution9 said:
Enh...Thats just the website. The 1000RR frame sliders I have sitting on my desk say Moriwaki engineering on them and I bought them from the Moriwaki distributor so I'm fairly certain that they're out. :thumbup:
BTW...For the RR you will have to cut a hole. Wasnt too bad on my F4i. Used play-doh on the inside of the fairing, loosened the bolt that the frame slider would attach to then replaced the fairing. Long as the bolt sticks out far enough it makes an impression of the bolt head. Drill your pilot hole there and it should be perfect.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
If we are talking about the sliders that mount with a big L-bracket so as not to have to cut plastic, you guys have fun with those. I have seen 2 sets of those go down on the track. One bent inwards and put about a 2 inch dimple in the frame, and the other snapped clean off leaving a metal bracket to dig into the pavement. :thumbup:

Could that just have been coincidence? Sure, but I've never seen either happen with standard mount sliders.

One might figure you would want the better sliders for the street if anything. There are more obstacles on the street for them to get caught up on.

I don't know that the one's I saw were Intuitive, because I would like to think that Intuitive only makes great products. If those were theirs, or theirs are anything similar, they are going to need to re-name that line from Race Sliders and Street Sliders, to Race Sliders and Squid Sliders. :p

·
̿ '̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿
5,175 Posts
No cuts are only useful for a parkinglot tip over IMO

Cut sliders did save my engine....but there was no curbing on the section of track where I crashed.

While putting it back together, im going to run no cut sliders again, the good seems to out weigh the bad in MOST cases

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
sato cut style

the problem with the plastic for the 06/07 is that you cant cut a complete circle.
you have to cut a half moon in the plastic.

its one of the few things i actually let a shop do.

if its done right you wont be able to tell that it wasnt oem.

sato also makes some no cut sliders for the 06/07 that bolts to the engine as well as the case covers.

i personally decided to use the 04/05 cut style myself

http://www.satoracing.com/frameslider07cbr1000rrr.htm

·
̿ '̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿
5,175 Posts
sato cut style

the problem with the plastic for the 06/07 is that you cant cut a complete circle.
you have to cut a half moon in the plastic.

its one of the few things i actually let a shop do.

if its done right you wont be able to tell that it wasnt oem.

sato also makes some no cut sliders for the 06/07 that bolts to the engine as well as the case covers.

i personally decided to use the 04/05 cut style myself

http://www.satoracing.com/frameslider07cbr1000rrr.htm
+1 on the half moon...its kinda tricky
I join em together and put a piece of wood behind em for the hole saw pilot bit to go into and MOST times it worked out well for me.

Theres a thread on here where someone used a laser with the fairing off to center the hole thru the threads, then without moving the bike put the fairing back on and it gets u ded on.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Im looking at starting the track for the first time and i ride twisties pretty aggressively, dont do any wheelies or stoppies though. I was looking at getting the Powers Stuntworx Race Rails but i just seen those Sato frame sliders and liked those alot. Should i stick with the rails. i think they will offer more protection. any suggestions?

·
METALHEAD
17,632 Posts
a few guys on here refuse to use frame sliders because theyve seen them actually total a bike. i ran no cuts in case of a slow speed get off, but theyre not strong enough to hold up on a high speed get off so HOPEFULLY it wouldnt total the bike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.