Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was looking for aftermarket frame sliders and I only saw a couple specifically designed for this model: R&G and Puig. Both have a single bolt on each side. I have the stock frame sliders, which also has a single bolt, and is low profile. I was looking for a pair with more mass, and a little further from the fairings. I was wondering if anyone has found something they like.

I like the design of the Puig - it's like a plate but I have read about them breaking or bending easily in low-speed low sides (20 mph and less). That makes me wonder if a single bolt frame saver is a good idea to rely on, and maybe also get fairings for the track. I plan to use the bike on the street and track. I like T-Rex - 2 points of contact and did well in a low side. They haven't engineered a set for this model.

The other things I plan to get for protection is lever guards, and engine guards.
Thank you for your thoughts.

Registered
I have been looking for a nice looking and high quality frame slider for a few weeks. My bike is currently using the OEM one, but 馃樄 one snap retainer dropped and was not able to get a replacement part.

My R6 is using R&G frame slider which works extremely well, so I will choose that one for my fireblade if there is no better chonice. But R&G seems out of stock everywhere.

Some fireblade owners are using Evotech Performance sliders but I really dislike that design. There is another one from SW-Motech, which seems to be nice looking but not sure the quality. There are also sliders from sato racing and gb racing which seems not well designed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the suggestions - I was not aware of some of those. I went ahead and went with the R&G - I ordered the racing version accidentally. I think these are lower profile, but maybe this is better since they're a single bolt on each side. I'll post about the fit and clearance. I ordered from www.motorcycleid.com (not sure if the inventory is correct) but the manufacturer has some stock on their site.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The R&G frame sliders came in today and I installed them. They stick out substantially further than the Honda sliders. They were simple to install, although it was a little challenging to torque them down without them rotating. I had to hold the puck with both hands, while I pushed on the torque wrench with my foot. I am happy with the way they look and sit.
Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Hood

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Registered
Looks so nice! I am still deciding my frame sliders between R&G and Evotech Performance.

For Engine protection, I am using GB racing ones, really recommand it.

And do not forget Radiator guard, which is the most important. I am using Evotech Performance, strongly recommand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts