Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody. 3 months ago I crashed my bike (1000RR `05.),and my front part of bike (wheel,forks) left untouched. Right handelbar was damaged and bended a lot. Rear rim and swingarm were damaged pretty much. I changed all the parts,but I have a problem. When I am driving, the bike is correct,very nice to drive,and when I leave my hands from handelbars,the bike is going straight. But I can see that booth handelbars and upper bridge is turned to the right side a little bit, about 1-2mm. Do someone know what should be the reason for this? Because front part of bike did not hit anywhere exept right handlebar. Is it possible that steering stem received a hit during the crash? Or how can I check what is the problem?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Yeah,it is visible on upper bridge with naked eye,but is not much,I do not know exactly how much. Maybe 2,3 or 5mm. I have to keep my steering a little to the right if I want that bike is going straight (also booth handelbars but it is hard to notice that,becuse are wide,but on upper bridge is very nice to see) . We loosed the fork`s bolts on upper bridge and steering stem and tried to adjust that a little bit,but unsuccessful. And one friend adviced us to try to lose and turn steering stem shaft anticlockwise for about 90 degrees . What do you think here is problem,and how should I fix this? Can you explain me what is triple clamp?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.