Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members,
I am a new member with a problem with a wrecked bike
I have a 2007 1000rr I bought wrecked badly in the front. I have it repaired and running well, the problem is the cooling fan wire from the bike is lost or was cut off. I have a good fan, and the bikes all put back together. I found a pigtail in my extra parts but haven't figured out where on the bike to find the wires that were lost in the wreck. I could wire it up with a toggle switch but wanted to find where the wires went. anyone mind helping me out a little with this issue? I would sure appreciate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went ahead and created a positive fused link temporarily from the battery just to provide a fan in case I need it soon.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Your best bet would be to find the service manual for that gen bike. In there there is a wiring diagram which would give you a hint as to where the wires should be.

Otherwise all I can say is that the wires should be popping out of one of the looms in the general area of the fan. If you can't find them the fused switch thing should work just fine. If the temp hits 210, turn on the fan. Easy enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your best bet would be to find the service manual for that gen bike. In there there is a wiring diagram which would give you a hint as to where the wires should be.

Otherwise all I can say is that the wires should be popping out of one of the looms in the general area of the fan. If you can't find them the fused switch thing should work just fine. If the temp hits 210, turn on the fan. Easy enough.
Thanks HP, I will figure it out somehow, I know there is a relay on the side fairing that has something to do with the fan, I figure I can run a couple of new wires from that relay and get it working the right way before summer hits here in Texas. I got this bike for my son but he owed me some money so I ended up with it. I went ahead and bought all the parts to fix it, used off eBay. The first rice bike I had for the street, really enjoyed putting it back together. It took a set of wheels, forks triple tree, lights, rear frame, controls and a fairing kit for starters. everything else has just been wiring. i got a new cluster but I don't know if it's going to work correctly, looks like it may be set up for something other than MPH, I'm gonna role with it and try to have a good time. Thanks again for the good word HP, I'm new here but been looking around a good bit during the build.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That's cool man sounds like you have put a lot of work into that motorcycle! I don't know if all the clusters are compatible or not but hopefully the cluster works out for you. Good job getting it this far, and be sure to post up some pics when it's all done. Welcome to the forum.

·
a d m i n
151,087 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I had a similar issue, (sort of) with a former ‘06 Husky 510 SMR, as it didn’t come oem wt a radiator fan. I installed one wt a manual switch. Hopefully you find those cut wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's cool man sounds like you have put a lot of work into that motorcycle! I don't know if all the clusters are compatible or not but hopefully the cluster works out for you. Good job getting it this far, and be sure to post up some pics when it's all done. Welcome to the forum.
The Cluster plugged in and seems to be working correctly, the milage is now 0. I had no cluster when I got the bike, some things were scavenged before I got it. Looking like a new bike now, just the small issues now.to get it ready for inspection, the bonded title took a little work but I got it all ready to tag. DMV gave me all I needed but no information from the original owner, somebody just abandons this bike or lost interest in it, Bond on it was high for a 07, the original owner may have had some bad juju on it at one time. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be on its last ride at impact, had to be a flight or fight moment, to say the least.o_O

·
Registered
427 Posts
I hope the previous owner wasn't hurt too badly, maybe just roughed up a bit as some karma for stealing it! 0 miles is great for when you go to sell it;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope the previous owner wasn't hurt too badly, maybe just roughed up a bit as some karma for stealing it! 0 miles is great for when you go to sell it;)
i was told the previous owner wrecked it the day he bought it. Gas was really old in the tank, it also had no use on the original clutch. no wreck recorded by dmv. I wouldn't have fixed it if it wasn't so clean, it's kinda old but parts are everywhere for it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Oh sorry I got you confused with another member who bought a previously stolen CBR. Yeah 04-07 is a good gen. Not the latest and greatest but super solid and still plenty fast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh sorry I got you confused with another member who bought a previously stolen CBR. Yeah 04-07 is a good gen. Not the latest and greatest but super solid and still plenty fast.
Yea I have been there with a hot bike before, not a good thing, I checked this one out before I got it. Titles that people owe money on or bad too. This one was clear but somebody lost the title. Take about 15 minites to get a bonded title on one if its clear, at least in Texas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts