Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to get the full Evo Akrapovic for my 2019 CBR1000RR-SP but I cannot figure out how to mount the pipe with a passenger peg. From all the pictures that I've seen, it comes with a bracket that replaces the passenger peg. Is there a bracket to mount the pipe without removing the peg? I would like to keep the peg and mount the pipe securely.

·
Registered
97 Posts
SP doesn’t have rear pillion pegs. Just has holes to use for this very purpose or r&g tie down strap points to place there.

if you have pillion pegs there then this is against Honda recommendations and subframe can’t take weight also

·
Registered
28 Posts
My base model came with a Carbon bracket. It also has a mounting kit for a p
eg that I believe is an added cost. I ditched those rear legs.afterall who wants someone kicking your baby as they climb on?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mounting kit for pillion? Read the manual and info of bike SP is a single seat only bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was saying I have a footpeg kit for mounting to the carbon hanger. I think it is only to be used on the model with passenger legs. Not the sp

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I was saying I have a footpeg kit for mounting to the carbon hanger. I think it is only to be used on the model with passenger legs. Not the sp
It can be used with the SP, you’d just have to tap the holes in order to make the threads needed to mount the hanger:

·
Hook 'em!
2,868 Posts
I've been wanting to get the full Evo Akrapovic for my 2019 CBR1000RR-SP but I cannot figure out how to mount the pipe with a passenger peg. From all the pictures that I've seen, it comes with a bracket that replaces the passenger peg. Is there a bracket to mount the pipe without removing the peg? I would like to keep the peg and mount the pipe securely.
Did you install passenger pegs on your SP?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for that diagram.

Yeah, I'm aware the SP is a single seater and it didn't come with passenger pegs for a reason. I don't think the subframe of the SP is any different than the base model. If I read it correctly, it's the suspension that isn't setup for passenger.

Well if anyone wants to get rid of the rear pegs, let me know. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the peg mount kit if you ever need it. Its just a bracket that mounts to the carbon hanger that you mount your peg in.

·
Hook 'em!
2,868 Posts
Well if anyone wants to get rid of the rear pegs, let me know. :)
Okay, so you want to install rear pegs plus an Akrapovič full exhaust. Yes, it appears it can be done. Akrapovič also has installation instructions for their exhausts on their website.

·
Hook 'em!
2,868 Posts
it's still a good tie down point for track.
I wouldn't use the rear pegs as a tie down point, folks that have done that have snapped them off. Just wrap a strap around the rear wheel and pull tension towards the front of the bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, so you want to install rear pegs plus an Akrapovič full exhaust. Yes, it appears it can be done. Akrapovič also has installation instructions for their exhausts on their website.
Precisely. Converting the SP to civilian bike.

I have been strapping the bike down using the rear passenger peg loops, never did it bent nor snapped. Not saying it won't ever happen. There are companies (Sato is one of them) that make tie down brackets that go into where the rear passenger pegs are located.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pillion on bike is Not a suspension issue it is a different subframe hence weight limited. Look at oem Fireblade subframe it’s black. SP is silver.

as noted above tie down hooks and reputable company R&G
Tie-Down Hooks for Honda CBR1000RR '17-'19

above is correct you have to tap the holes for the bolts to fit the hanger.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pillion on bike is Not a suspension issue it is a different subframe hence weight limited. Look at oem Fireblade subframe it’s black. SP is silver.
Thanks for your input. I looked over the manual and it's confirmed. Wife's not going to be happy with this.

CBR1000S1
Do not attempt modify the motorcycle to carry a passenger. The subframe was not designed to carry the additional weight of a passenger.

·
Hook 'em!
2,868 Posts
Pillion on bike is Not a suspension issue
Check your manual.
Maximum weight capacity:
CBR1000RR 366 lb
CBR1000S1 243 lb
That's a 123 lb difference. The OEM Ohlins is not sprung or designed to carry more than 243 lb.
Please refrain from giving out bad info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts