Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was trying to prep the bike for the track and went to pull some fuses and realize the fuse box is behind the left side middle panel rather than under the seat. What a pain! I'm assuming this is due to having to move things around because of the real gas tank location/underseat exhaust. Next time, I'm going to experiment with just pulling the small black inner "ram air cover". It's just two black snaps, and I think it might be possible. Not what the manual says, but I think I can rig it. :wink:

Additional note for anyone that usually pulls fuses on lighting for the track: On the 929 I had it all rigged up to do this easily while retaining the gauge (I every once in a while like to check speeds on the straights). On the new RR the taillight and gauge are on the same fuse, so I went to just pull the plug on it and realized you can't get to it without pulling the whole tailsection off! Grrrrr. I figure since it's L.E.D.'s I'll probably just put the vinyl over it and call it good. Shouldn't have to worry about it overheating like a regular bulb can.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
SkinDragger said:
Yeah, think thats bad? The tip sensor is bolted to the headlight assmebly behind the cluster! SOOO a mount has to be made to retain it in the up stable position if the headlight assembly is removed for race plastics!
Can't you just bypass the sensor? Not sure how it works, with the tripped position supplying power or cutting power, but you could either leave it unplugged or junction the two leads together.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why the shiz-nizzle would they put it there? Sometimes I wonder if the engineers have ever ridden a motorcycle...

gRReg, you probably could do something of the sort, but I suppose there is the safety issue. I mean that is why it's on there in the first place.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's a 3 wire switch, Ask Sonic about it, he tried to "Fix" one once also. No luck, he ended up having to buy another one.

Another thing thats in a bad spot. The PGM-FI controller (brain box, pcm, ecu, whatever you want to call it) is mounted right side behind the faux duct as well. 1 get-off on the right side, and you'll be shelling out some change to Honda.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I've noticed that the last few years. When trying to "Rig" anything electronic on one of these bikes, it screws with 3 other things. Unless necessary, I try to leave well enough alone.

Hadn't pulled off the right side yet except for the lower. Man they are just slappin' this stuff on anywhere they can find room. I'll have to try and remember not to crash. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.