Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Galfer and Braking Wave rotors sure as hell look the same to me.
I'm just wondering if one company is producing rotors for the other or are they just using the same design?

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
close enuff

not made in the same house, if that's what you're askin

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,that's pretty much what I'm asking.
I guess just buy which ever is cheaper since they're both track proven.

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
I just got my galfer waves in the mail today...gonna fit them up beginning of next week when i get my wheels and new sprocket in

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
Thanks,that's pretty much what I'm asking.
I guess just buy which ever is cheaper since they're both track proven.
If you're going all track, I would recommend the Galfer superbike rotors.

I don't think I'd trust the regular waves for full track duty.

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
Again I see them in the promo pics, but don't see them on the actual bikes at the racetrack...

I guess you are a good little automaton & believe everything you see on the internet right :D

Seriously they might actually be using them on the racebikes now, but being there in person over the years I have never seen those wave rotors in use on a competitive bike

Don't confuse sponsorship dollars & track proven... I know club racers that have EBC decals on their bike for contingency money & wouldn't use those pads if they were the last brakes on earth. Back in the RC51 Superbike days the exhausts on the Factory bikes were made by Akrapovic, but had Jardine stickers on them.

·
PISS OFF!
738 Posts
Again I see them in the promo pics, but don't see them on the actual bikes at the racetrack...

I guess you are a good little automaton & believe everything you see on the internet right :D

Seriously they might actually be using them on the racebikes now, but being there in person over the years I have never seen those wave rotors in use on a competitive bike

Don't confuse sponsorship dollars & track proven... I know club racers that have EBC decals on their bike for contingency money & wouldn't use those pads if they were the last brakes on earth. Back in the RC51 Superbike days the exhausts on the Factory bikes were made by Akrapovic, but had Jardine stickers on them.
I once put Dunlop stickers on my bike, but had Michelin tires on the bike and on the grid made sure I had the wheels turned so the Michelin name was hidden under the fender. Jim Allen walks right by and never noticed. So yeah, people do, do that.

·
Is Rasta run the world!!!
11,763 Posts
for the money of superbike rotors you might as well get brembo HPs or some braketech rotors.

the regular waves are fine for trackdays and street, but ive heard of a few warping incredibly early.
For looking good, waves are fine, for hardcore performance, you should be checking brands like Brembo, Braketech, AP racing, etc..

·
Is Rasta run the world!!!
11,763 Posts
and yes, while watching the WSS race in Qutar round, the hondas were sporting waves back and front, but i couldnt recognize the brand. i doubt theyre galfers tho, looked more like ALTH or some other euro brand

·
PISS OFF!
738 Posts
I remember reading once that Galfer has a patent on the wave rotor design, and sold rights to Braking to use it. Thats why they look very similar.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
I can only say I have been using Galfer Waves for the past 4 years on my race bikes. I have never once had a problem with them. The stop me just fine with plenty to spare. But then again, so do the stock rotors on my rains and spare wheels.

Then again, I am just a 10th place or lower club racer! :beat:

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
evad did you notice a difference between the stock rotors and the waves? i just got my waves in today and have always heard good things about them, i know theyre not the best rotors for an all out race bike but for what im using them for ive heard theyre really good and i love the design so thats why i got them as oppose to brembo or braketech like a lot of other people suggest are better

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
yeah ive only been on stockers too so im curious to see the difference...i wonder if anyone has ever tested to see if they actually stop shorter than the stocks, i dunno if just a rotor could accomplish this without upgraded calipers or not

1 - 20 of 52 Posts