Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 cbr1000rr, it has Bazzaz on it and was running fine, it also had LED's and some bad looking black fairings. Story short I ordered new fairings changed them out and took off all the LED's and when I went to crank the bike up a couple times the Bazzaz wasn't on cause the power come unplugged. I think It caused the motor lock up from having too much gas in the cylinders. Eventually I got it fired up went to work and it wouldn't even crank over. Bike went to the dealership and they said it was dumping gas all over there floor and was missing and the plugs were fouled. Does this sound like a stuck injector? Or does it sound more like if I change the plugs and clear the cylinders the bike would be running as it was the day before I changed all the fairings. For as poor as the bike was running there was no engine light. The bike will be delivered back to my house Friday and I recently downloaded Z-mapper from Bazzaz to see if I can find out whats wrong with it. Any recommendations on software that I can download will help. PS. Its going to a speed shop on Wednesday so they can diagnose it and it will get dyno tuned, id rather just try and figure this out myself cause I want to ride lol:cry:馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
lol the dealership told me they cant plug into the Bazzaz by federal law, so it has to go to a speed shop I just don't really want to wait that long, so if I can id like to figure it out myself

Registered
lol the dealership told me they cant plug into the Bazzaz by federal law . . .
I have no idea of USA Federal laws, but that sounds extremely suss to me.

It could be a case that the dealer doesn't have the necessary software to interpret the Bazzaz program. This was certainly the case with my dealer when I wanted an RR4 with a Power Commander tuned.

Still, I'll be watching for a result on this.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Well the dealerships the biggest dealer in the midwest, they tried to get me to purchase a stock ecu. But if i cant figure it out myself itll get fixed at the next shop. First thing im doing is removing all the spark plugs and cranking it over to see if gas comes out and putting new plugs in to see if thats the only issue. Im hearing it sounds like a stuck injector but i cranked it for awhile with the Bazzaz off and im not sure if it would cause the bike to not fire up if it was unplugged. Maybe i can downloaf a Map off there site too to see if the tune got messed up or reset.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Well the dealerships the biggest dealer in the midwest, they tried to get me to purchase a stock ecu. But if i cant figure it out myself itll get fixed at the next shop. First thing im doing is removing all the spark plugs and cranking it over to see if gas comes out and putting new plugs in to see if thats the only issue. Im hearing it sounds like a stuck injector but i cranked it for awhile with the Bazzaz off and im not sure if it would cause the bike to not fire up if it was unplugged. Maybe i can downloaf a Map off there site too to see if the tune got messed up or reset.
Heres an update i got the bike back today and the cylinder was filled with gas above the valves, i took the spark plug out it was drenched, took the fuel pump relay out and turned it over to shoot the gas out . Was testing the coils by inserting the spark plug while it wasnt in the bike, no spark. Did the same thing using a different coil, no spark. Going to let the spark plug sit out of the bike for the next 10ish hours turn her over some more and put the spark plug back in and completely switch coils. Update tomorrow or tonight, wish me luck.

Registered
Bazzaz controls ignition timing too, right? If the Bazzaz is still not powered up, that may be the no spark culprit.

Hook 'em!
Heres an update i got the bike back today and the cylinder was filled with gas above the valves, i took the spark plug out it was drenched, took the fuel pump relay out and turned it over to shoot the gas out . Was testing the coils by inserting the spark plug while it wasnt in the bike, no spark. Did the same thing using a different coil, no spark. Going to let the spark plug sit out of the bike for the next 10ish hours turn her over some more and put the spark plug back in and completely switch coils. Update tomorrow or tonight, wish me luck.
馃檹

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Bazzaz controls ignition timing too, right? If the Bazzaz is still not powered up, that may be the no spark culprit.
I wasnt entirely sure if it controlled spark but from what i saw it only locked up one cylinder cause when that cylinders open the bike does not lock up, im starting to think the injector is stuck open though not exactly sure how to check if it is or not. It soaked a spark plug but the cylinder wasnt completely dry and im not sutre how rich is too rich so that it doesnt fire.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
After work i started the bike half together and it fired up, engine light was blinking i thought it was due to the coupler being unplugged put it back together and now it doesnt, currently i think its a battery issue. But will continue to update and the battery will be charger for a couple hours before i try to start her back up

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Replaced the upper injector that looked like it was leaking and it does not flood anymore(maybe that was never an issue), but the other shop picked it up and almost instantly called me the ecu is not recieving data from the fuel injectors so they are remaining open and thats causing it to run rich and not idle. If its just an unplugged coupler im going to feel silly, if its Bazzaz on the other hand i might have him put on a pc5 and dyno tune it. Will get back to you guys later with the actual problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Got the bike back from the shop and it now has an engine light doesnt idle at first but if you hold it at idle eventually it idles, the engine light is on(he said it was because there was no longer a tune on it) but hey the bike runs now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
What fault code is it showing?
The bike has returned home and I have bought a PC5 for it and installed it the bike runs and idles but still has the engine light blinking twice. It sounds like its the MAP sensor from what ive been reading even though the guy said he repaired it or whatever. Guess itll be going back if that's the issue and its not resolved. Also charged me an arm and a leg to remove the Bazzaz. Was highly recommended by a couple people and dealerships in this area. Is there any ways to reset the engine light without unplugging the battery?

Registered
Someone didn't perhaps get the TPS and MAP sensor plugs confused and plug them back incorrectly, did they? The pic below shows the TPS plug circled in yellow. The MAP sensor plug is to the left. As you can see, they are both blue color, close to each other and can be plugged into the wrong connector if someone isn't careful.

Do you have a copy of the factory service manual? Section 6 talks about the various fault codes, what they mean and how to reset them. Code 11 (what you described with the two blinking lights) is a MAP sensor circuit low voltage.

Search enabled 2008 Service Manual

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Someone didn't perhaps get the TPS and MAP sensor plugs confused and plug them back incorrectly, did they? The pic below shows the TPS plug circled in yellow. The MAP sensor plug is to the left. As you can see, they are both blue color, close to each other and can be plugged into the wrong connector if someone isn't careful.

Do you have a copy of the factory service manual? Section 6 talks about the various fault codes, what they mean and how to reset them. Code 11 (what you described with the two blinking lights) is a MAP sensor circuit low voltage.

Search enabled 2008 Service Manual
Thanks for the reply I do not have the service manual. Is there a way to tell which one goes to which connector? I just hate to continue taking the bike apart especially to that extent. but he was telling me the tps wires were all loose from the connectors and he fixed that. Called April 1st to tell him he was wrong about the engine light being due to not having a tune and he came up with more reasons it could have an engine light. Like the exhaust servo, needless to say this guy was highly recommended by a lot of people, and for him to get my bike running was great but it didn't have a fault code before it started running poorly. I hate electrical lol, how exactly do I test voltage? multimeter and one of the prongs inside the connector should be a positive? and then ground it to get 12.xx volts? Appreciate the help.

Registered
You can d/l the factory service manual if you click on the link I included in my last reply. It has a troubleshooting section, wiring diagrams that tell precisely which prong inside each plug should have voltage and lots of other helpful things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts