Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the fuel monitor that the last couple of 600's have had. You would figure the more expensive bikes would have all the perks. Hell, all they would have to do is change the RPM picture and they could've adapted the 600RR's and saved some coin. Oh well...

Anyone else notice that the speed is kind of hard to see while riding (1000RR)? Seems kind of smaller and tucked way down/back at the bottom of the shield. May just take some getting used to.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yeah, Im not to happy the 1000rr doesn't have a fuel guage. I dont have mine yet (possibly friday but for sure next week) but my 600rr has it and it doesn't make sense why they couldn't put it on the 1000rr.

·
Registered
212 Posts
IronNutz, when riding I did notice you really had to look down at the speedo. Not just a quick glance. I was not sure if it was the location with regards to riding position, brightness or the fact I need to get used to the new bike.

Back to the gas gauge. The last bike I had with a gauge was my 99 Bandit 1200S. That gauge was so inaccurate it did not matter. Are the 600RR gauges fairly accurate?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Speedo - hasn't been a problem for me. It's maybe slightly less easy to read than the RC51's, but the tach is easier to read on the CBR.

Shift light - Already programmed it for 8k for the break-in. Easy to set, and very cool to set it too...the needle actually moves as you adjust the shift point. Very bling.

A fuel gauge would be nice - I've never had one on any of my bikes, so no big loss for me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
schweet!! I was going to do the same thing for break-in as well.... :lol:

I need to pick up my new baby dammit!!

theJrod said:
Speedo - hasn't been a problem for me. It's maybe slightly less easy to read than the RC51's, but the tach is easier to read on the CBR.

Shift light - Already programmed it for 8k for the break-in. Easy to set, and very cool to set it too...the needle actually moves as you adjust the shift point. Very bling.

A fuel gauge would be nice - I've never had one on any of my bikes, so no big loss for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.