Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, last season after some time I went from 16-40 to 16-42, mine is a European bike.
Soon I will mount 15-42, many people here in Italy say that the bike works better with this transmission. What do you recommend? Also do you know if the speedometer is offset?
Thanks!! :cool:

·
Registered
08 CBR 1000rr
30 Posts
It’s personal preference. Bigger rear sprocket and smaller front sprocket will give you faster acceleration but lower top speed but to be honest most every day riders won’t notice. Unless you’re going to track days you don’t ever reach the top speed of these bikes, or at least shouldn’t in my opinion. It will throw off your Speedo by a percentage but I can’t remember the math of it. (Did one down and 2 up on my old 636). Could always get a Speedo healer which could account for the change I believe. I never did so I don’t know first hand but from what I’ve gathered it would help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, from what they say here in Italy is that on this cbr the speed is calculated by the abs sensors. As for the ratios I ask who has perhaps performed this operation on this bike, because they say that honda has deliberately kept long relationships but shortening it works better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Strange Brentuning offers stage 1 and 2 map adjustments for different gearing.

Did you use the same (length) chain to retain the original wheelbase?
The original length chain fitted so left that as it was, didn't check the wheelbase so don't know how it compares. With the bigger sprocket, I'd guess it might be a bit shorter but that is just a guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone, last season after some time I went from 16-40 to 16-42, mine is a European bike. Soon I will mount 15-42, many people here in Italy say that the bike works better with this transmission. What do you recommend? Also do you know if the speedometer is offset? Thanks!! :cool:
I went to Catalunya Circuit 1 month ago... My transmision was 15-43, and had many problems, bc the bike don't work well, and can´t use 6th gear... Very bad experience... At last I discover and installed this: https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/sh I will test it in 2 weeks... But I thing it's complety necesary... And no need to Reflash ECU BR

·
Registered
2 Posts
aesparducer,帖子:4328269,成員:146679 said:
1個月前我去了加泰羅尼亞賽道...我的變速箱是15-43,有很多問題,因為自行車不能很好地工作,不能使用6檔...非常糟糕的經歷...最後我發現並安裝了這個:https ://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/sh我將在 2 週內對其進行測試......但我認為它是完全必要的......而且無需重新刷新 ECU BR
[/引用]
so how's it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts